Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Starting and Sacred Cows
My take on this whole discussion was that, while I certainly didn't see Dan's idea as the best offseason for the Mavs, I believe that he's likely the smartest and most astute poster on the entire board, and while I like RBWS, I didn't want to see him chase off Dan by offending him at all. The board would be much diminished by his departure.
Like Reply
(06-20-2021, 04:58 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: The board would be much diminished by his departure.

No other sentence written on this board has ever been more true than this one...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(06-20-2021, 05:04 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: No other sentence written on this board has ever been more true than this one...

I don't know, I've been writing the sentence "Milwaukee is the worst city on Earth" an awful lot lately. 

I mean, Scott's bit about Dan is in the top 5 for accuracy, sure.
Like Reply
(06-20-2021, 05:05 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don't know, I've been writing the sentence "Milwaukee is the worst city on Earth" an awful lot lately. 

I mean, Scott's bit about Dan is in the top 5 for accuracy, sure.

Big Grin
Like Reply
(06-20-2021, 02:36 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: I'm not gonna lie.  You sound hot!!!!!  Any chance you'll whisper that in my ear??  Look, we can take things slow if you want, but you don't sound like the kinda guy who wants that.  Sooooo...

...call me, maybe??

I am hot.  But, naw...I'd rather be caressed than bludgeoned.  Looks like you have your own sycophants though.  I would have thought better of them.  That's all from me...
Like Reply
(06-20-2021, 04:49 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: No one is stopping anyone from starting individual threads! 

If you feel like a topic is worthy of an individual thread don't be afraid to start one for it. If it's not popping with discussion we'll just move it to the general thread anyways.

This feels like the right time to start my "flog SleepingHero" thread.
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 02:14 AM)cow Wrote: This feels like the right time to start my "flog SleepingHero" thread.

I might just move it into the newly minted "can cow be a superstar franchise flogger" thread
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 01:44 AM)ballsrchr Wrote: Looks like you have your own sycophants though.  I would have thought better of them.  That's all from me..

Help me out. I thought I redirected RBWS well enough. If I was kind to him, I try to be kind in general, plus, I've known him for like 20 years. What I said to you wasn't unkind either, it was simply a short statement on what I think about questioning someone's manhood on the forum. If you think I could have handled either situation better, feel free to let me know more detal, especially if I was unfair to you.
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 02:20 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I might just move it into the newly minted "can cow be a superstar franchise flogger" thread

I'm disappointed there weren't more "sacred cow" jokes.
Like Reply
I found Cow's yearbook picture...

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/...SY780_.jpg
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 12:07 PM)cow Wrote: I'm disappointed there weren't more "sacred cow" jokes.

Oh my, what a failure. Now I gotta wait a while for everyone to forget and then try some sacred cow jokes
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 10:45 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Help me out. I thought I redirected RBWS well enough. If I was kind to him, I try to be kind in general, plus, I've known him for like 20 years. What I said to you wasn't unkind either, it was simply a short statement on what I think about questioning someone's manhood on the forum. If you think I could have handled either situation better, feel free to let me know more detal, especially if I was unfair to you.

Sorry fifteenth.  I was out of line.  I normally ignore any negative stuff...but I guess I had several moments of senility.  This just goes to show you that, no matter how old you are, you can still do and say stupid things.  This has been a great forum.  I hope it stays that way.  I will try to do my part.
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 12:12 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: I found Cow's yearbook picture...

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/...SY780_.jpg

So much failure in this thread.

[Image: IMG_4571-e1447033005814.jpg]
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 12:15 PM)ballsrchr Wrote: ....

No big deal on my part, I was just hoping you didn't mean you were ditching us!
Like Reply
Pro tip.  Never google image search conjoined twin cows.  I'm not sleeping easily tonight.
Like Reply
Boards evolve.

I remember being a young college kid and first stumbling into the earliest incarnations of Fish's Dallas Basketball nearly 20 years ago.  I didn't really know my place then, but after a few seasons, I found my voice.

A few years later I went to a group get-together.  By then I was full-on RBWS.  There I got to meet Flame, Tech and his son, Chef, Pepper, my all-in-good-fun nemesis Jay, and all those who made up the crux of the original community.  Ironically, my next door neighbor of almost ten years was also there.  He was like, "You're Rasheed!!!" and I was like, "You're (I don't remember his screenname)!!!!  Mostly, though, I remember randomly sitting at a table with a big guy.  For the next two hours we laughed our asses off together.  It was ItsGoTime.  He's a cool mofo.

A few more years passed and the board added a bad boy flare which included MFFLSheehan, BallDon'tLie and others.  It gave rise to the Troll Cave which, for those who weren't there for it during it's heyday, was akin to 4chan.  Somewhere around this time MFFLSheehan and I developed a blood feud.  We hated each other.  And then one day he found out his real life friend was someone I performed with in clubs.  After that, Sheehan and I became DB.com besties and always had each other's back, which was good for the impending Fisher-Rasheed Wars.

Anyway, like I said, boards evolve.
Like Reply
Was "don't have a cow" a thing when you guys were kids?
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 12:28 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: Boards evolve.

I remember being a young college kid and first stumbling into the earliest incarnations of Fish's Dallas Basketball nearly 20 years ago.  I didn't really know my place then, but after a few seasons, I found my voice.

A few years later I went to a group get-together.  By then I was full-on RBWS.  There I got to meet Flame, Tech and his son, Chef, Pepper, my all-in-good-fun nemesis Jay, and all those who made up the crux of the original community.  Ironically, my next door neighbor of almost ten years was also there.  He was like, "You're Rasheed!!!" and I was like, "You're (I don't remember his screenname)!!!!  Mostly, though, I remember randomly sitting at a table with a big guy.  For the next two hours we laughed our asses off together.  It was ItsGoTime.  He's a cool mofo.

A few more years passed and the board added a bad boy flare which included MFFLSheehan, BallDon'tLie and others.  It gave rise to the Troll Cave which, for those who weren't there for it during it's heyday, was akin to 4chan.  Somewhere around this time MFFLSheehan and I developed a blood feud.  We hated each other.  And then one day he found out his real life friend was someone I performed with in clubs.  After that, Sheehan and I became DB.com besties and always had each other's back, which was good for the impending Fisher-Rasheed Wars.

Anyway, like I said, boards evolve.
Yes, I was just reminiscing about that day! I went back to that bar a few times to support ChefED's return to being a cook in a restaurant/bar in the D/FW area, then something happened and he was no longer employed there, so I stopped. I moved away from Lewisville before Fish got his own bar up and running out there and had all kinds of get togethers at.

(06-21-2021, 12:28 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Was "don't have a cow" a thing when you guys were kids?
Raises hand.
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 12:28 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Was "don't have a cow" a thing when you guys were kids?

The Simpsons entered my life via the Tracey Ullman show at the tender age of 9.
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 12:28 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: Boards evolve.

I remember being a young college kid and first stumbling into the earliest incarnations of Fish's Dallas Basketball...

Fun memories. 

My first memory of IGT is him making fun of and arguing with Rings. It seems like IGT and Pepper were both in on that. Is that right IGT?

My first db.com post was a long thread starter in defense of Fin. That started my switch from LMF to db.com because LMF was shrinking. 

I went to a Fish event once, met Tony Dorset, sat in on a couple of radio segments, hung out with Tech and talked to Richie Witt and DLord. I think we watched a Mavs loss too.

Loved the cave era! Those boys are my pals.
Like Reply