Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Starting and Sacred Cows
(06-22-2021, 12:56 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Does your experience give you some insight about The Bob?

I've played in either two or three poker tournaments with Voulgaris, but we have never been at the same table.  I have a poker buddy who knows Voulgaris pretty well, more from the cryptocurrency angle than from poker or sports betting.

My opinion of Mr. Haralabos Voulgaris (which is admittedly NOT well-informed) is that he would be well-qualified to serve as the Director of Quantitative Research and Development for the Dallas Mavericks, if not for the fact that he is a pompous prick who needlessly stirs the pot.

I am skeptical of much of the "news" that has been reported recently about Voulgaris.  For example, I find it hard to believe that Voulgaris "dictated" lineups/rotations to Carlisle.

In my opinion:

1.  All NBA teams should have a competent Analytics Department;
2.  The head coach of every NBA team should receive input from the Head Honcho of the Analytics Department, and then the head coach should do whatever the head coach thinks is best with that information; and
3.  The general manager of every NBA team should also receive input from the Head Honcho of the Analytics Department, and then the general manager should do whatever the general manager thinks is best with that information.
Like Reply
(06-22-2021, 12:23 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'm over here trying to be positive and optimistic. Live look at me right now waiting the GM/Coach news:
[Image: giphy.gif] 

Then Killer and Fif need to come in with their negative cloud:

Now I'm just:

In my mind, SH is now The Dude
Like Reply
(06-22-2021, 01:24 AM)Hogmelon Wrote: In my opinion:

1.  All NBA teams should have a competent Analytics Department;
2.  The head coach of every NBA team should receive input from the Head Honcho of the Analytics Department, and then the head coach should do whatever the head coach thinks is best with that information; and
3.  The general manager of every NBA team should also receive input from the Head Honcho of the Analytics Department, and then the general manager should do whatever the general manager thinks is best with that information.

seems like the most obvious thing in the world...I'm gonna sneak in and pin this up in the Mavs break room
Like Reply
(06-22-2021, 12:23 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'm over here trying to be positive and optimistic. Live look at me right now waiting the GM/Coach news:

Who is that nice lady in the red dress?  (I think she's really into you!)
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 04:58 PM)cow Wrote: KL is already on suicide watch.

(06-21-2021, 05:05 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: [Image: wcbbu2k8psfcisolcc4i.gif]

[Image: 17352076-10210826792057957-371495470830765379-n.jpg]
Like Reply
(06-22-2021, 09:47 AM)Hogmelon Wrote: [Image: 17352076-10210826792057957-371495470830765379-n.jpg]
New tangent, is drinking a cup of coffee killing yourself anyway???
Like Reply
(06-22-2021, 09:52 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: New tangent, is drinking a cup of coffee killing yourself anyway???

Donnie was axed, Rick was driven away, we're going after Cuban with our pitchforks...

and now you want to take Coffee down too!?
Like Reply
(06-22-2021, 10:03 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Donnie was axed, Rick was driven away, we're going after Cuban with our pitchforks...

and now you want to take Coffee down too!?
Good point! I’M GONNA GO START A NEW THREAD!
Like Reply
After making it, I’m gonna credit the thread to you.
Like Reply
(06-22-2021, 10:05 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I’M GONNA GO START A NEW THREAD!

FULL CIRCLE!!!

Like Reply
(06-22-2021, 09:22 AM)Hogmelon Wrote: Who is that nice lady in the red dress?  (I think she's really into you!)

I tried for the life of me to find an appropriate reaction gif and couldn't, so here's this:

(06-22-2021, 10:03 AM)fifteenth Wrote: and now you want to take Coffee down too!?

speaking of coffee just started getting into tea. Tea is delicious.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I never liked coffee.  Let it burn.
Like Reply