Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-24-2021, 05:38 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Literally 2 weeks ago when Jason Kidds name came up in Portland, 90% of the basketball world was laughing and saying maybe Dame is really an idiot for wanting him. He’s seen as a joke as a coach. Both his teams improved immensely as soon as he left. 

Like I said, hopefully Vogel taught him something because he’s literally be bottom three on my list of potential candidates.

As much as I have issues with Rick and wanted him gone, it would be difficult to "upgrade" from him from an Xs and Os standpoint.  It's not like Pop or Snyder are there for the taking.  

You can go the unproven route and hope to hit on the next big coaching star.  That's not off the table yet.

Kidd has had issues but he's good at relationships with other players.  That's a skillset desperately needed here.  If we were a contender, I'd probably hate this idea. If Kidd can help us improve the talent on the team, I have no issues with seeing if his coaching chops have improved.  You can always fire him if a better option comes along.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | RC recommends (?) Kidd | Kidd the fav? - by cow - 06-24-2021, 05:44 PM