Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-17-2021, 03:29 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: RC will not admit this but he couldn’t have enjoyed coaching Luka. Both are strong willed and want a certain bit of control. It just seemed strange that RC was letting Luka do whatever he wanted and it went against everything we have seen and known about RC.  

Fun times.

Rick got tired of Luka showing him up on the sidelines in front of everybody if he disagreed with something. I remember one game, in particular, can't remember the opponent, Luka was bitching to Carlisle about either coming out of the game, or a play that was called or not called.  You are correct Hakeemfaan, he gave Luka more rope than any other player I've seen him, coach.
Like Reply
Well, It sounds like Tyrell Terry is pretty smart.  With everything going on this year behind the scenes, getting the heck out of town for a mental break looks genius.

Ok, that was a bad joke and obviously Tyrell was dealing with something bigger than basketball.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 05:52 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: His logic was:

1yr left on rookie deal
4yr extension with a 5th year player option (like Mitchell and Tatum)

so with 2 guaranteed years left would be when Luka has the power to demand out of here

I get it but if Luka wants out tomorrow, he could accomplish that.  I think the media in general are throwing way too many assumptions towards Luka.  Yes, he wants to win but I think he's pretty far away from LeGM mode.  Though it does seem like Cuban is doing his damnedest to speed up that trip.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 05:17 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, and I love the attempt to get Haliburton, too. I love it a LOT. 

But, if EVERYONE in the organization hates him but Cuban, which seems to be the consensus, then HE'S the one who should've gone. It's so simple. This is a PEOPLE business, just like every business. This is just another in a long line of examples of Cuban thinking he's the smartest guy in the room.

Cleaning house is great, and you can make a strong argument that it was time. But, it is UNDENIABLE already that the organization wasn't planning for this or prepared for this. This is happening TO Cuban, not at his behest. It's a joke. The Mavs are a joke. A bad joke, and it's at OUR expense.

If Luka really hated him he would have been long gone. 

As far as everyone else hating him this was a mediocre, underperforming  organization over the last decade. steeped in its comfortable mediocre ways.  Maybe Bob was arrogant and abrasive. Or maybe there were guys there who had got too comfortable with each other and resented anyone else disturbing that status quo. Or maybe both of the previous two statements are true to some extent.
Like Reply
What in the world is going on over there?
Like Reply
https://media.giphy.com/media/d62JALPo9a.../giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
It's a second beautifull day in a week. Hope for more of them till next season starts. Donie an RC had two and 1/2 seasons to produce winning Luka team, team stayed on the same point, only Luka impruuued. Go, Cub, go!

To speculate further KP finally kicked his enemys out of his future. Why? Was not KP the first on the gooutlist? It has to be KP's power in force..

I did not expect MC would made such changes but I salute them. Would be nice to fire MC toooo, but I don't belllive MC would cmply..
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 06:01 PM)LukTheShadow Wrote: It's a second beautifull day in a week. Hope for more of them till next season starts. Donie an RC had two and 1/2 seasons to produce winning Luka team, team stayed on the same point, only Luka impruuued. Go, Cub, go!

To speculate further KP finally kicked his enemys out of his future. Why? Was not KP the first on the gooutlist? It has to be KP's power in force..

I did not expect MC would made such changes but I salute them. Would be nice to fire MC toooo, but I don't belllive MC would cmply..

KP can't be moved yet.  It sounds like Donnie and Rick had more to do with Donnie and Rick not being with the team than Cuban showing them the door.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 06:01 PM)LukTheShadow Wrote: It's a second beautifull day in a week. Hope for more of them till next season starts. Donie an RC had two and 1/2 seasons to produce winning Luka team, team stayed on the same point, only Luka impruuued. Go, Cub, go!

He is running out of MBT to fire so he might have to off himself.
Like Reply
I am now even more convinced Janis was the source for the article...
Like Reply
Janis Porzingis definitely had a hand in this
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
I'm really learning a lot about us in this thread. 

The people who liked Donnie, Carlisle or both are upset today. The people who disliked them are happy. All of that makes sense.

What I'M upset about is how much of a clown car the organization has made itself out to be over the past 3-4 days. It just keeps getting worse. I'm pretty surprised that the "clean house" people aren't a little more apprehensive about the WAY this is happening, despite their hopes it would happen. I think that's wishful thinking to an insane level. 

Just get on twitter and count the amount of "mavs are a joke" tweets on your timeline. This is not a good day for the Mavericks, regardless of whether or not you believed it was time for a coaching change.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 05:59 PM)audiosway Wrote: What in the world is going on over there?

Cuban sprayed a pesticide to get rid of the bugs.
Like Reply
It's really starting to seem more and more like Donnie and Rick just decided "screw this I'm out" and that Mark has no clue how normal human beings work anymore.

I'm glad though that so much is coming out about people not liking Voulgaris because I'm afraid that if it didn't that Mark would keep him around (I honestly half expect him to stay on as some sort of consultant who isn't with the team anyway because Mark is now proving to me that he is an absolute moron).

Hire a new president, hire a new coach, extend Luka and get back to business because if this gets any worse than Cuban will become more than the enemy of the people just on this board...
Like Reply
The Mavs need JJB and Dirk back in the organization in some capacity.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 06:09 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Cuban sprayed a pesticide to get rid of the bugs.

Bad part was Cuban escaped harm...
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 06:09 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Cuban sprayed a pesticide to get rid of the bugs.

Sadly he inhaled most of it himself and completly lost his mind.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 06:11 PM)RedFlag41 Wrote: The Mavs need JJB and Dirk back in the organization in some capacity.

Luka will listen to them over anyone else in the NBA...

https://media.giphy.com/media/bKnEnd65zqxfq/giphy.gif
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 06:11 PM)RedFlag41 Wrote: Dirk back in the organization

You know, if Dirk wants to work here, great! 

But I'm to the point where I legitimately feel for the guy. Even after retirement, we're expecting him to drop what he's doing and save us from Cuban's idiocy again? My man Dirk has done ENOUGH, tbqh. I hope he does exactly what he wants with the rest of his life. He doesn't owe us a thing. 

Not directed at you @"RedFlag41". I'm just not feeling this team today.
Like Reply
Pretty sure key cog Derek Harper is next.
Like Reply