Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
McMahon either knows something or he is naive as hell. Luka always says nice things to media about everybody. This statement alone doesn't mean a thing.

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...4854574082

Imho, Finley and Mosley (if this is a plan) is certainly not a message to free agents that Dallas is cleaned up now. Serious contenders hire serious names. Lakers went after Vogel, Clippers after Lue, Philly after Rivers, Brooklyn hired Nash. Not to speak what kind of names serve as assistants on this teams. Finley and Mosley would certainly not be a move of an ambitious contender. But lets see what happens.
Like Reply
So, if Rick is under contract for two more years, can Dallas block him coaching somewhere else?

I thought Rick was great here.  I was worried when he first joined the team that eventually Dirk would tune him out like what happened in Indy.  He was great for Dirk though.   He also made the Mavs team much more competitive then they should have been.

I wasn't crazy with his offense this past season and I had a few other concerns.  But replacing a top level coach is a big ask.   I would look outside the organization for coach and GM.  Let the new GM hire the coach.    They need to have someone who will not be afraid of coaching Luka hard.    I wonder if Mark will go with Jason Kidd or maybe Chauncey Billups.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:25 PM)LifeAquatic Wrote: Really concerning that it doesn't appear any of this was planned. Carlisle and Donnie were scheduled to go to Slovenia and after the playoff loss Cuban was saying RC was going nowhere.. a few weeks later they are both gone.

You can agree or disagree that it may have been time for a change, but it looks like total chaos in the front office and an organization with an ego maniac owner that is in disarray.

If Donnie was supposed to go to Slovenia, that tips off that this is 100% about the Atlantic article.
Like Reply
I love Carlisle but he's a guy I'd rather have to push my team over the top then rebuild.  I also think there is too big of a trend of him limiting your ability to acquire needs and have them get along/used properly.

Still, thanks for 2011.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:25 PM)LifeAquatic Wrote: Really concerning that it doesn't appear any of this was planned. Carlisle and Donnie were scheduled to go to Slovenia and after the playoff loss Cuban was saying RC was going nowhere.. a few weeks later they are both gone.

You can agree or disagree that it may have been time for a change, but it looks like total chaos in the front office and an organization with an ego maniac owner that is in disarray.

OMG THIS! 

It's like the Mavs are "Keeping up with the Khardasians" and the whole NBA is glued to the screen right now. I absolutely HATE this. I'm embarrassed. 

I hate Mark Cuban so, so much. I'm suddenly tempted to launch into another rant about the 2011-2012 season, but I know it will only make me more miserable.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:31 PM)omahen Wrote: McMahon either knows something

Multiple national guys hinting that Mosley is likely the guy. So many guys think that is the move....time will tell.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:26 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: This is true, there's really not any names out there that would excite me over Mosley anyway.  Like if we brought in a Van Gundy or Stotts over Mosley I would actually be kind of bummed if I think about it.

I think we may be able to do Finley but what do any of us really know when it comes to that part.  At least we know Luka backs Mosley.

Phil Jackson out of retirement?
Like Reply
If Mosley is the guy then it would kind of have to mean Finley is also the guy right?  An outside GM isn't going to come in and be like "yep, let's just promote this dude that I had nothing to do with".
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:30 PM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Heart U

i REALLy do :-)
Like Reply
Here's a question: Rick quit, but still had two years left on his contract.  If he agrees to coach another team do the Mavs have the right to demand compensation (ie. a First rounder or, hell, just taking Burke)?
Like Reply
[Image: E4HIB6tWEAMdO2a?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
Is Jason Kidd a possibility at all? (I hope not.)
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:26 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I feel the best part of Dirk's era was wasted giving Avery Johnson a chance as a first year head coach. One of the worst decisions ever, imo.

God please don't make me look through this lens....

I really need this "Luka wants Mosley" narrative to ease my mind right now.
Like Reply
Absolutely hate it. Especially if Mosley is the replacement. The guy that was responsible for the defense in the last couple of years is not the solution. Looks like he is more of a player relationship coach and Luka obviously likes him but the Mavs lost a brilliant basketball mind and I don´t see anyone on the market that can replace him. Would probably try my luck with one of the more succesful and innovative assistant coaches or a college coach.
We obviously don´t know the details about his decision. Was he concerned about a potential new GM. Done with the shenanigans in the front office. Expected to be fired within the next couple of days and decided to make the first move.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:33 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: If Mosley is the guy then it would kind of have to mean Finley is also the guy right?  An outside GM isn't going to come in and be like "yep, let's just promote this dude that I had nothing to do with".

Hopefully they name a GM before the Head Coach.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:25 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Are we ALL going to start TYPING like Kam now?  Big Grin

WELL said. I will dial back on my Kammism’s.  Big Grin
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply
The Mavs will win the championship within 2 years if they get a competent head coach in here. Carlisle was washed up and ego too big.
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:34 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: The guy that was responsible for the defense in the last couple of years is not the solution

I think we have learned that "titles" meant shit in DAL recently, so saying Mosley was responsible for the D is probably not true (at least not 100%).
Like Reply
Why is everyone penciling in Finley as the General Manager when the Mavs hired a Front Office head hunter who specializes in prolonged top down organizational evaluations and recruitment.  If the Mavs wanted Finley to be the GM, they could just do it.     Is someone going to hire him away?    Every organization has their token former favorite players sitting in a vague front office position.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:34 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: We obviously don´t know the details about his decision. Was he concerned about a potential new GM. Done with the shenanigans in the front office. Expected to be fired within the next couple of days and decided to make the first move.

Yep.
Like Reply