Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
[Image: original.gif]
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:21 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I thought the Mavs were REALLY well coached in that game this year when Mosley was running the show. 

It is hard to know the REAL responsibilities anyone had, so hard to see who was great or not great at what....but the little I have seen makes me think Mosley could be the real deal.

This is true, there's really not any names out there that would excite me over Mosley anyway.  Like if we brought in a Van Gundy or Stotts over Mosley I would actually be kind of bummed if I think about it.

I think we may be able to do Finley but what do any of us really know when it comes to that part.  At least we know Luka backs Mosley.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:23 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Why would that be a joke? Do you honestly know how much power Mosley and Finley have had and what they are good at or not? Cuban SHOULD know....

I know many of y'all don't want to trust Cuban right now, but I am choosing to because he has a LOT riding on this and I do believe he is competent (though arrogant).

Well, the answer to the first question is that I feel the best part of Dirk's era was wasted giving Avery Johnson a chance as a first year head coach. One of the worst decisions ever, imo. My approach would be to get the BEST, not someone with POTENTIAL. 

But the real story here is the 2nd part. If you trust Cuban, that's the difference. To say that I don't would be an understatement. I think he's a classless, clueless moron.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:12 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Totally disagree.

I have a VERY GOOD feeling about this.

Mark sat down and shared his vision moving forward, RC didn't care for his role within it or the vision overall, so he steps down. 

The Mavericks needed a COMPLETE overhaul SO BADLY. So glad this is happening!

This is bad news in the most absolute of terms if Bob stays on, and still pretty bad if Bob goes but the replacement is another Donnie (yes-man for fantasy GMing made real).
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status...5555689482
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...9047580672
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:13 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: I think we’re going to have Finley as the PBO/GM and Mosley as HC.

Sad
Like Reply
This isn't the worst thing that could happen.  The worst thing that could happen is to run it all back and pretend like nothing's wrong just for appearances.   The 2nd worst thing would be to half ass an organization change rather than do the whole thing because you don't want to look like things are in disarray.    If you're going to make an organization change, do the damn thing.
Like Reply
someone bet me who wins a chip first

Carlisle vs Mavs
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ChrisTrenchard/statu...8965933059

But yeah Jake Fischer doesn't know anything.....
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1405623358797058050
Like Reply
We may have just gone from ‘Win Now’ to ‘Win Or Else’

Before I jump off a cliff I must remember this was probably inevitable after Donnie was let go. So that move and this one should be viewed as one in the same. Still, it reflects extremely bad on Cuban and has me feeling completely insecure about Luka.
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:28 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: This isn't the worst thing that could happen.  The worst thing that could happen is to run it all back and pretend like nothing's wrong just for appearances.   The 2nd worst thing would be to half ass an organization change rather than do the whole thing because you don't want to look like things are in disarray.    If you're going to make an organization change, do the damn thing.

The Mavs didn't make the change. The employee said F U I'm outta here.

That's the major distinction.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:26 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: This is true, there's really not any names out there that would excite me over Mosley anyway.  Like if we brought in a Van Gundy or Stotts over Mosley I would actually be kind of bummed if I think about it.

I think we may be able to do Finley but what do any of us really know when it comes to that part.  At least we know Luka backs Mosley.

I wouldn't be surprised if Stotts is brought in as Mosley's right hand guy.
Like Reply
RC will not admit this but he couldn’t have enjoyed coaching Luka. Both are strong willed and want a certain bit of control. It just seemed strange that RC was letting Luka do whatever he wanted and it went against everything we have seen and known about RC.  

Fun times.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:25 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Are we ALL going to start TYPING like Kam now? 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/SIChrisMannix/status...4639699979
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:28 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: someone bet me who wins a chip first

Carlisle vs Mavs

Oh man, just wow. Can Rick win with Giannis before The Bob can win with Luka?
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:29 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: RC will not admit this but he couldn’t have enjoyed coaching Luka. Both are strong willed and want a certain bit of control. It just seemed strange that RC was letting Luka do whatever he wanted and it went against everything we have seen and known about RC.  

Bingo. He struggled with VET JKidd having power....imagine a 19 year old!
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:29 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: The Mavs didn't make the change.

The employee said F U I'm outta here.

They obviously did make a change when they fired their GM yesterday.   Carlisle obviously was told the previous power dynamic wasn't going to be the same under the new GM, take it or leave it, and he decided to leave it.   That's fine and his prerogative, but it's a change.
Like Reply