Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
RC might have been told the new president coming in would have the power to remove him if he so decided. RC says "not waiting around for that!"
Like Reply
I'm quite concerned.....

I was willing to have a convo about moving on from Donnie...but Rick?!?  Either Cuban pissed him off or....Wonderboy is behind this.

I'm ok with Mosley, he seems really likeable, but coaching is about so much more than becoming friendly with players.

None of this feels good but as long as Luka puts ink to paper...I'll breathe again.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:10 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Boston?

Milwaukee?

you bastard
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1405621085211668481
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:18 PM)Kammrath Wrote: There is no way we know those details, so again, based on what I saw THIS season...I am very happy this total clean up is happening.

And you feel confident in trumpeting that encouragement BEFORE you see who replaces these guys? 

Because if you're truly ok with Finley/Mosely, I honestly don't know who the hell I've been talking to for all these years. THAT would be a JOKE.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:19 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: I'm ok with Mosley, he seems really likeable, but coaching is about so much more than becoming friendly with players.

I thought the Mavs were REALLY well coached in that game this year when Mosley was running the show. 

It is hard to know the REAL responsibilities anyone had, so hard to see who was great or not great at what....but the little I have seen makes me think Mosley could be the real deal.
Like Reply
Carlisle was choking on smoke apparently, and is getting out of the burning house before it collapses in.

He stayed almost a decade putting up with a rebuild, gets a player like Luka and NOW he bails? Things are THAT bad guys.
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply
If we end up with Finley and Moseley, I quit.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:18 PM)Kammrath Wrote: We don't know the ROLE that Cuban wants him in. RC may have had some GMing power that is being rescinded....maybe more of his coaching authority or hiring authority was being taken away. Maybe he was given vision directives he didn't like. 

There is no way we know those details, so again, based on what I saw THIS season...I am very happy this total clean up is happening.

Right.  I think Rick is a great tactician, but do we want a repeat of the Rondo situation under the new GM where Rick just refuses to make it work because he didn't sign off on it?    Or the GM brings in his scouting department, they spend a lot of time researching and selecting draftpick that Rick refuses to play?    It's not fair to the new GM, and it's really not fair to Rick if that's his expectation of how much influence he should have over the organization if he's not going to have it.
Like Reply
Makes sense once Donnie was gone. RC wasn't going to stick around this mess...for the first time in franchise history, Cuban won't have a Nelson or Carlisle in his corner (both well-respected in NBA circles).
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:20 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Because if you're truly ok with Finley/Mosely, I honestly don't know who the hell I've been talking to for all these years. THAT would be a JOKE.

Why would that be a joke? Do you honestly know how much power Mosley and Finley have had and what they are good at or not? Cuban SHOULD know....

I know many of y'all don't want to trust Cuban right now, but I am choosing to because he has a LOT riding on this and I do believe he is competent (though arrogant).
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:19 PM)Kammrath Wrote: RC might have been told the new president coming in would have the power to remove him if he so decided. RC says "not waiting around for that!"

I don't think many people in the GM circles feel as strongly as some on this board about removing Rick.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:21 PM)DallasBasketball Wrote: He stayed almost a decade putting up with a rebuild, gets a player like Luka and NOW he bails? Things are THAT bad guys.

I mean, Kamm's right - it could be the opposite. But, the well-worded sentence above was my first instinct, too. I was prepared for Cuban or a new GM to fire Carlisle, but I was NOT prepared for him to WANT out. 

All sorts of alarms are going off for me right now.
Like Reply
Wow. The hits just keep coming
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 03:23 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: but I was NOT prepared for him to WANT out. 

All sorts of alarms are going off for me right now.

DING DING DING

He made it clear in his statement that he told Cuban he doesn't want to come back.  All sorts of alarms is the perfect phrase.
Like Reply
Time will tell. 

We all have oiur emotional reactions to these changes and we all have put blame in various places. 

Time will tell. Maybe even next year this time we will know the truth. 
Like Reply
OK -- now I'm not sure what to think.

http://gph.is/2HThj0I
Like Reply
If Mosely gets along with the players and is on board with the Front Office overall game plan (advanced opponent scouting, analytics, etc.) and incorporating  ... that's most of the job.   The in game tactician stuff is what assistant coaches positions are for.
Like Reply
Really concerning that it doesn't appear any of this was planned. Carlisle and Donnie were scheduled to go to Slovenia and after the playoff loss Cuban was saying RC was going nowhere.. a few weeks later they are both gone.

You can agree or disagree that it may have been time for a change, but it looks like total chaos in the front office and an organization with an ego maniac owner that is in disarray.
Like Reply
Are we ALL going to start TYPING like Kam now?  Big Grin
Like Reply