Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-29-2021, 05:06 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I will say that I went down a pretty deep rabbit hole learning about Guthrie when he was hired and I believe that he's a defensive guy, not an "offensive guru."

Mavs add a coach that worked with Gobert. He can teach KP how to use his length on defense. Nice pipe dream.
Like Reply
(06-29-2021, 05:16 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Mavs add a coach that worked with Gobert. He can teach KP how to use his length on defense. Nice pipe dream.

My guess (PURE SPECULATION) is that they brought in Guthrie to install the defensive philosophies that were successful in Utah, but that with such a small training camp and almost no in-season practice they quickly realized that was too ambitious of a change and went back to Mosley/last year's terminology/schemes/whatever. 

Pretty much the same mistake the Cowboys made, only they recognized it and nuked the plan before it completely ruined the season. 

But honestly, I have no clue. I wish someone would ask, but it definitely won't get asked now.
Like Reply
(06-29-2021, 06:24 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: My guess (PURE SPECULATION) is that they brought in Guthrie to install the defensive philosophies that were successful in Utah, but that with such a small training camp and almost no in-season practice they quickly realized that was too ambitious of a change and went back to Mosley/last year's terminology/schemes/whatever. 

Pretty much the same mistake the Cowboys made, only they recognized it and nuked the plan before it completely ruined the season. 

But honestly, I have no clue. I wish someone would ask, but it definitely won't get asked now.
This is why our board needs a media presence! Dan and mavsluvr, I’m gonna keep beating this drum!
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/GetNickG/status/1414...24866?s=20
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(07-13-2021, 09:24 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/GetNickG/status/1414...24866?s=20

I saw that and I was excited to see that.  The staff, so far, is WAAAAY PG heavy, right?  Kidd, JJB, Darrell Armstrong, JET(maybe? combo guard), Sweeney (who was an all-conference guard at University of Wisconsin Green Bay)... Smile  Kidd likes PGs!
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(07-13-2021, 09:31 AM)TXBamanut Wrote: JJB

I've seen speculation that he was to be added, but did I miss an official reporting that this was done? I've been waiting for it.
Like Reply
(06-26-2021, 11:21 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1408821627006205961

@"KillerLeft"
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Ahem, Shammgod?
Like Reply
(07-13-2021, 12:34 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Ahem, Shammgod?
Hmmmm, I've wondered about his effectiveness so far. I guess the guys we have could be worse without him, just wonder to what degree?
Like Reply
(07-13-2021, 12:46 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Hmmmm, I've wondered about his effectiveness so far. I guess the guys we have could be worse without him, just wonder to what degree?

I like having him on staff, he's well respected around the league.
Like Reply