Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-26-2021, 04:29 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Schedule, Cuban's reaction, RC leaving. 

1) Schedule: I didn't dismiss this. I 100% believe Donnie was scheduled to be somewhere. However, I have tons of real world experience with people being fired and losing their job despite having things scheduled. So I do not see this information as giving us any helpful clue as to how long Cuban knew he was moving on from Donnie. No employer I know that is making plans to move on from a worker just suddenly stops having them do stuff until things are final. 

2) Cuban's reaction: I haven't dismissed this. Cuban reacted to Cato's initial article with "Total Bullshit." I do not see how this means that Cuban was caught off guard by what was going on OR that he suddenly decided to fire Donnie out of the blue. To me Cuban's reaction was to the framing of the article and that Cato's article wasn't the whole story. 

3) RC leaving: I haven't dismissed this. As I have stated elsewhere, RC leaving was either out of loyalty to Donnie OR because the writing was on the wall that the new replacement was going to have say/power over a new coach OR loss of power. Certainly whenever Cuban decided to move on from Donnie, he knew that RC might be next. In fact, we heard in Cato's report that many within the organization had expected RC to be gone after the season and were surprised by Cuban giving a statement of support for him.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor - by Kammrath - 06-26-2021, 04:43 PM