Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-24-2021, 09:05 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: You want Finley in charge?

We wanted somebody from the outside with the authority and power to challenge Cuban and make his own decisions. Harrison is such a person. You do not leave such a powerful position at Nike to be Cuban´s puppet. If Harrison made this decision voluntarily (not like the last NIKE hire from Cuban), then he will not accept anything, but full control of the basketball operations side. He´ll obviously report to Cuban, but no way will novices like Finley or Bob have any decision-making power over him.

No, I'm saying I wish an ADDITIONAL outside hire, one who's 100% basketball personnel oriented (both in past experience and future Mavs job description) was forthcoming. 

I like the idea of this dude being the professional face of the team, but not the idea of him deciding whether or not the Mavs need one more wing or to go a completely new direction with the front court. And, I don't want Finley or Voulgaris deciding that, either. 

But, at the end of the day, this might have been as drastic of a change as we could've hoped for. 

I think that by the end of the summer, people like you who have traditionally been the most dissatisfied with Mavs personnel decisions might hate this front office, too. I see no evidence that Cuban has upgraded the basketball IQ of the decision team, but I do think they'll come across as infinitely more professional, which isn't anything to dismiss. So that's good.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as President | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor - by KillerLeft - 06-24-2021, 09:16 PM