Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-23-2021, 08:53 PM)Kammrath Wrote: @"mavsluvr" thank you so much for the summary, so good.

I actually LOVE what I am hearing in all this. I think it is the best of both worlds in regard to total shakeup while still having continuity. 

My favorite parts:

1) New President being ABOVE the GM. A clear hierarchy. Thank God!

2) Fin being well liked and respected makes him perfect for that job AND he probably doesn't think of himself as a GM.

3) I actually like the idea of an up and comer in the GM spot with really fresh ideas and perspectives and trusting of the analytics. Glad this guy will get to run the draft. HUGE. 

4) The recognition that the coaching hole isn't a big one. I think the Mavs won't really lose a step with this change.

5) I have seen enough of Mosley with Luka to trust Mosley totally. Mosley is kind and listening and yet brave enough to slap Luka in the face. Great combo.

6) I LOVE the idea of JJB being an assistant there to be in Luka's ear all the time. FANTASTIC.

This is all such encouraging news to me.

I'm sorry for saying this, but do you work for Cuban or what? Nobody is going to get behind this.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out | Forde's Sportsology to assist | no chance on Ujiri? - by BigDirk41 - 06-23-2021, 10:26 PM