Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-23-2021, 03:44 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: The report was that there were two different conversations happening at once. Are you asserting that Cuban wanted there to be two distinct conversations with Heat brass talking with two different Mavs execs? That's a pretty bold claim, tbh.

Bad (or mistaken) process doesn't change the people involved and their roles.

I actually think Cuban's style of decision-making would make something like that MORE likely, not less, since he's coming to his decision using ideas, feedback, and other input from many people, who would each be trying to get it in their own way. And from what we have learned about Bob, the lines creating division of responsibility have been fuzzy, apparently overlapping, and perhaps even bizarre in Mavs World.

BTW, I was certainly not saying that setup is always executed according to plan or Cuban's intent, nor is the best way to work. (I'd much rather have the smartest NBA guy with the impeccable personal expertise and unmatched skills being the one asking for input, and evaluating it, with the buck stopping there.)
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out | Forde's Sportsology to assist | no chance on Ujiri? - by F Gump - 06-23-2021, 04:03 PM