Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-23-2021, 08:25 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Read it again. Dan's thoughts are the same as mine. I agree with everything. 

See, @"ItsGoTime"? This is EVERYONE'S hope. Does anyone expect it to happen?
Sure, taking his hopes out of the whole post, his hopes are the same as most everyone's hopes (mine and yours included). When you look at the rest of the post, basically where he believes this thing is most likely going (or at the very least, might be going) he says:

"As they say, it is an upgrade-game.  At the end of the day, is all of this an upgrade?  We don't know yet.  Better soft skills and worse X's and O's from Mosley could be an upgrade.  A more clearly defined hierarchy and youthful energy might supersede Donnie's vast experience.  Maybe not.  I'm at least willing to wait for the actual announcements."

My logic says that's about as optimistic as you can get with the current news we have. It also could turn out to be true. I think I'm going to go back to my wait and see approach, I'll give them as much rope as to wait for training camp and see what moves they have made (or not made) then decide whether or not they get more rope to see how this goes to the TDL.

Honestly, there is a chance that MC (in the short term) allows the new guys to get their say in their collective wants because he wants a bit less heat on himself, or just wants to sit back and evaluate to make sure they work well together. However, once the direction isn't going the way he thinks it should, or a decision or two turns out to be horrible, he'll be right back to where he is now. Instead of just firing a person over making horrible decisions, he inserts himself to "right the ship". That in turn creates the dysfunction we've come to know was there.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out | Forde's Sportsology to assist | no chance on Ujiri? - by ItsGoTime - 06-23-2021, 09:21 AM