Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-22-2021, 11:55 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Good stuff. This is really what I have been trying to get at. Appreciate you taking the time to articulate it so well.

Where you and I diverge is on Voulgaris. I am not convinced he is the cancer that he has been painted to be. No question the reporting speaks to him being a terrible people person, but I am not convinced one bit that he is the source of the dysfunction. I still think much of that could (not certain) have come from Donnie and RC. So I am still "wait and see" on Voulgaris. And I think Cuban would be really smart to KEEP him and HIDE him if he is actually good at his analytics side of things. Only Cuban really knows what Voulgaris has been suggesting over these years, and maybe most of his suggestions have been gold, but others have been sabotaging them.

I think all these folks, Fin/Coach Mos/Bob all have to go. So in that respect I disagree with both you and Tyler. 

Both of you make great points. My take is this. What we have learned over the last week or so is how much dysfunction exists in this organization. Keeping a lot of the old guards while bringing on a GM and asking him to do his job, is IMO rehashing what has not worked for a decade. 

So Bob still would have Cuban’s ears. Coach Mos would know he was Cuban’s hire and not the GM’s Both can make it difficult for the GM to implement his vision even if they mean well 

We cannot have this dysfunction anymore. I am sorry. Yes every owner has final say in things. I am fine with that. You need a coach. You need a nerd analytics guy. Yes. However hire the GM (cannot be an internal hire) and let the GM hire all those folks so that everyone other than the GM knows clearly that they report to the GM. The GM in turn is accountable to Cuban. That IMO is the only way to go forward from this decade long mess.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out | Forde's Sportsology to assist | no chance on Ujiri? - by hakeemfaan - 06-23-2021, 08:21 AM