Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-18-2021, 11:18 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Well, then, it would seem there is no possibility whatsoever of us keeping Luka longterm, which then raises the question - why are you still here? To rant, or to gloat?

haha

Yes I've long regarded Cuban as a cousin of Jerry Jones, in his desire to be the Mavs "basketball guy" who makes the decisions, despite lacking the skills and finesse needed to be the league's best at those things. Hiring Bob, and empowering him to make draft decisions, and dictate coaching decisions to RC, and even instruct Luka mid-game, is a great example (but merely the latest in a very long line) of how Cuban meddles with and interferes in the work of his front office, because he thinks he has a "better" idea. Sadly, they rarely are.

I hope he does the right thing at this crossroads. What the Mavs need is an experienced expert who can create and execute an expert game plan for the franchise as they try to build around Luka. Ujiri would be great. But I'm guessing Cuban thinks he's already got that guy (himself) who merely needs a few new helpers to offer some input from time to time. I fear he'll come to decide he just needs some "fresh" ideas from guys who are unpredictable - because they are learning on the job.

So I am very pessimistic right now. He could certainly hire someone like Ujiri and surprise me. However, from what I have seen in the past, I just don't think Cuban is smart enough to let go of his ego (that, ironically, he has because he sees himself as smarter at everything) and fire the guy who has been the cause of one fireable disaster after another.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM | Forde's Sportsology to assist search - by F Gump - 06-18-2021, 11:46 PM