Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-17-2021, 06:57 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: Nice call...

I was starting to think last night about how much the Donnie firing changes everything. Like we have no idea the type of player the new gm will want, they have no loyalty to anyone here, etc. 

And I also thought that might extend to the coach. I certainly didn't think Rick would resign right away tho. 

I don't think it's Rick not wanting to wait around tho. I think it's more of he knows he doesn't have any protection from the GM now. Things are changing for better or worse. He's butting heads with the star player. He knows the seat is going to start to get warm. 

And quite frankly it's a good time for him to be enter the coaching market again.

Good thoughts.  I am not happy with Carlisle leaving but do think there is an opp for the Mavs.  

I really hope this went down civil and Mark and Rick spoke and Mark said he couldn't guarantee anything in the future and the new GM would be making these decisions.   I don't Rick's job would be in jeopardy now in all likelihood, but he could definitely could be in an odd position in which he wasn't protected.   If the conversation with Mark and Rick went this way than I would call it acceptable.  Rick needs to look out for himself and a change is probably good for him.  IF he decided to jump because things are really rotten here, than that is really bad news.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by Chicagojk - 06-17-2021, 07:02 PM