Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM…
Mavs hiring a search firm to find a new president of basketball ops.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 12:52 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Oh yeah, I forgot my main question...so,

Dalton? Grant? Bri? :-D

Trollmo ?
Like Reply
Donnie knew he was out. Got tired of the power struggle. I believe EVERYTHING in that article now! Hope this wasn't him just fed up and jumping ship before it completely sinks but it very well could be  Sad
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ashishaerry/status/1...89637?s=20
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 01:42 PM)DallasBasketball Wrote: Trollmo ?

Really???? Dude!!!!
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 04:04 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Really???? Dude!!!!

Yes, pal! I finally figured out how to get on this forum after barely finding it before it moved. Good to be back!
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 04:08 PM)DallasBasketball Wrote: Yes, pal! I finally figured out how to get on this forum after barely finding it before it moved. Good to be back!

Really good to see ya!
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 01:42 PM)DallasBasketball Wrote: Trollmo ?

Welcome back...

Would you like to keep your current name or have it changed back to tonytrollmo...

Glad to see you join in the discussion...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 04:14 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Welcome back...

Would you like to keep your current name or have it changed back to tonytrollmo...

Glad to see you join in the discussion...

I dunno tony romo is kinda the past. And dakpressHotGuy didn’t seem like it fit me too well. 

What do you think? Should I go back?

Thank you guys for the welcome wagon!
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 04:30 PM)DallasBasketball Wrote: I dunno tony romo is kinda the past. And dakpressHotGuy didn’t seem like it fit me too well. 

What do you think? Should I go back?

Thank you guys for the welcome wagon!

As a long time respected poster the choice of username is yours...I just would take time to change it only if you wanted it changed...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Name suggestions?

How about TonyMcTonyFace?
Like Reply
Old crew returns. A little bit more drama and Mak will be back as well. Even have a draft pick next season. Cannot wait for the team tank thread.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 01:08 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: So was Mark BSing when he said the article was BS.  Rhetorical question. We all know the answer now.

Yeah. 

Either Mark was lying, or he was clueless about what was going on in his own shop.

Oddly, either possibility seems plausible. Even both.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 06:01 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: Yeah. 

Either Mark was lying, or he was clueless about what was going on in his own shop.

Oddly, either possibility seems plausible. Even both.

Crazy. I had to go over to Sacramento today to pick up some gear and come back to this? Donnie is gone? Nuts. Honestly though, he may have just been ready to retire after this many years doing it. It's not like he needs the money. Shaking things up isn't always a bad thing. As long as Cuban doesn't Jerry Jones it.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 09:20 PM)audiosway Wrote: As long as Cuban doesn't Jerry Jones it.

"As long as birds don't fly and fish don't swim..."
Like Reply
Listening to the locked on podcast with Jake Fischer I am coming back to the RC angle. We already mentioned some of it.

"Rick was the driving force to push for Haralabos not to be with the team anymore...on the road."

What´s his role? According to Cato RC and Voulgaris actually agree on a lot of topics. But it also looks like RC tried to limit his access to the players/coaches.
Just trying to manage the Luka/Voulgaris situation? Picking Luka´s side? Not happy with Voulgaris as a "shadow" coach next to him?
Like Reply
Maybe Rick thinks Bob is a smart guy who has good information, but a caustic personality that rubs people the wrong way and prefers to lock him away in the "code dungeon" and limit his exposure to people (as someone who works in IT for 30 years, this is definitely an all too common situation).  Or perhaps Voulgaris talking into so-and-so player's ear about how his department he should have been involved more, but Rick ignored it and causing animosity between the players and Rick.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 11:02 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Sorry for the delayed response. Someone may have already answered this. For years "MBT" has been used here to refere to Mark, Donnie and Rick. We used to consider Dirk to be part it back in the day. You could lump folks like Michael Finley and Keigh Grant (is he still there?) into the mix. It's just the term we started using to refer to the Mavs decesion makers.

Also former Director of Player Personnel Tony Ronzone, who was dismissed just a few months ago for sexual assault allegations.  He was supposedly Donnie's main right hand man.  I think there is a very good chance he might have been Cato's source, acting as proxy on Donnie's behalf, since Cato insists that Donnie wasn't his source.    Losing his top general might have also been a reason why Donnie could want to just walk away from a toxic situation.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 07:18 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote:  Tony Ronzone

If even half of what Fish has told us about this guy over the years is true, this was actually a significant loss.
Like Reply
(06-17-2021, 08:13 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: If even half of what Fish has told us about this guy over the years is true, this was actually a significant loss.

I’ve tried to keep up to date with dang near all the news for the past fifteen years, but can’t say the name rings a bell.

who he again??
Like Reply