Poll: Grade the F.O.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
6.52%
3 6.52%
B
6.52%
3 6.52%
C
26.09%
12 26.09%
D
28.26%
13 28.26%
F
32.61%
15 32.61%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rate Donnie Nelson and Mark Cuban's job performance over the last 2 years
(06-10-2021, 10:20 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think they Mavs would've beaten Portland, Denver and Memphis (ironically, I'm least sure about Memphis).
I think of these 3 Den is probably the most likely opponent that we would beat. However, I think the odds are they beat us. I agree about Mem as far as least of the likely options. Por is a mixed bag, but Lillard has our number in the 4th, which to me is the nail in the coffin. LaL healthy is a done deal for us, how they ended up though, I can’t help but think of how the refs would “do” us in a series with them.
Like Reply
(06-10-2021, 10:14 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Here’s another question to ponder about the building of our FO. 
Which team that made it in the Western Conference would the Mavs have really beaten?
Utah - very seriously doubt it
Phoenix - NO
Denver - doubt it
LaC - obviously not 
Portland - probably not
LaL - maybe, but probably not 
Memphis - maybe, but less likely than LaL

Healthy or not? 
We beat Memphis for sure, Portland in 6 or 7 most likely (they have no defense) 
Now, healthy Lakers, Denver and Suns beat us easily IMO. 
But the injured version of 1st round? I think we have a decent chance.
Like Reply
Well they are definitely going to feel the heat this offseason.  The Dallas media will probably not be very tough, but the Luka clock is starting to click.   They are going to starting hearing the ticking.  

I had to take a few days off from basketball podcasts but I listened to Bill Simmons Sunday pod today, and it was tough.  I don't consider Simmons the know all of all, and he has been off quite a bit on his playoff predictions this year.  But it was really depressing listening to him ask if Luka should be the first player to turn down the max offer and play it out and see what the team does over the next two years.   I don't think it happens now with Luka, but I do agree that eventually it will happen with some player.   The whole Maverick talk was a big downer.
Like Reply
I think the thing I have against Carlisle is his mindset

He thinks he can build an all-world offense with Luka and scrap parts. And RC can! He can build a great offense even without Luka - in the regular season

The problem is that those lower tier players get exposed in the playoffs and they can't perform the same way

If Carlisle was interested in getting a defense built out of scrubs - now you are talking! Defense is always there, even in the playoffs

Build an offense with tier 1 & 2 players. Build a defense with everyone else
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 07:59 PM)robillionaire Wrote: F-

Carlisle should be fired, every year they don’t fire Carlisle is a failure. Jason Kidd was the real coach of the 2011 team.

(06-06-2021, 08:01 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Can we get a dislike button.

I was just trying to drop a few breadcrumbs to let you know what was happening Sad
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply