Poll: Grade the F.O.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
6.52%
3 6.52%
B
6.52%
3 6.52%
C
26.09%
12 26.09%
D
28.26%
13 28.26%
F
32.61%
15 32.61%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rate Donnie Nelson and Mark Cuban's job performance over the last 2 years
I gave them D.
We have improved a lot as a team for sure, but big part of that due to players like Luka, THJ, DFS & Maxi improving a lot. Organic growth that was widely due to coach and decisions that were made before 2 years time. 

The Richardson for Curry deal looks meh, I have no faith in Bey being with the team next year and Richardson is a downgrade IMO. 

There are plenty of excuses to the FO, that is very true, a lot of criticism is a hindsight, and also there is the good thing that they barely made bad moves that handicap the organization.
But at the end, front office has ton of resources to do a better job and get results to improve. Even Cavs front office had plenty of excuses during Lebron first tenure, but no one cares. 
The lack of progress in this season is worrisome IMO.  

That said, it is too early to rate our draft picks, Green seems like a guy who will enter rotation next season, I think the Mavs have way more faith in Terry than the fans, and they will give him another chance (summer league, preseason and full off-season with our development coach, hopefully his personal issues is behind him) 

Who knows, maybe we have our Green and Richardson in our rookies.
Like Reply
As I said in another place recently the Clippers do have far more depth due to cheap good players loading their roster. Luka sent at least two of their players to the bench but they had plenty of quality depth. We don’t. Yet!

That will come later. I hope in the next two years.
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 09:46 AM)khaled1987 Wrote: I gave them D.
We have improved a lot as a team for sure, but big part of that due to players like Luka, THJ, DFS & Maxi improving a lot. Organic growth that was widely due to coach and decisions that were made before 2 years time. 

The Richardson for Curry deal looks meh, I have no faith in Bey being with the team next year and Richardson is a downgrade IMO. 

There are plenty of excuses to the FO, that is very true, a lot of criticism is a hindsight, and also there is the good thing that they barely made bad moves that handicap the organization.
But at the end, front office has ton of resources to do a better job and get results to improve. Even Cavs front office had plenty of excuses during Lebron first tenure, but no one cares. 
The lack of progress in this season is worrisome IMO.  

That said, it is too early to rate our draft picks, Green seems like a guy who will enter rotation next season, I think the Mavs have way more faith in Terry than the fans, and they will give him another chance (summer league, preseason and full off-season with our development coach, hopefully his personal issues is behind him) 

Who knows, maybe we have our Green and Richardson in our rookies.
My grade was a D as well. I think the direction of last offseason was something different from them and a step in the right direction. The players that came out of it are iffy, but the vision is there.
Like Reply
3 years to assemble the team and Boban is out there playing a big role in a playoff series. Get the MBT outta here...no one should have their job for 20+ years in this business
Like Reply
Absolute F. They hit grand slams every once in a while, but are atrocious building teams.
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 09:49 AM)ReunionMav Wrote: As I said in another place recently the Clippers do have far more depth due to cheap good players loading their roster. Luka sent at least two of their players to the bench but they had plenty of quality depth. We don’t. Yet!

That will come later. I hope in the next two years.

Forget depth.  We need impact starters.
Like Reply
F minus
Like Reply
Donnie and RC have not been able to build a better team than this, I cant give them better than a D. If THJ was not on fire the first two games, who knows if we even get to game 7
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 05:19 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Forget depth.  We need impact starters.

Agree but I thought that had already been well said. We don’t get the extra Rondo type of depth to come play for cheap until we do upgrade the starters. We will still need extra depth just as we had in 2011.
Like Reply
Did Donnie actually throw in a 2nd rounder and possible Kawhi defender Johnson into a trade to get podcaster Riddick?  You see, that’s the sort of nonsensical moves I’m talking about that should get Donnie promoted.
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 07:51 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Did Donnie actually throw in a 2nd rounder and possible Kawhi defender Johnson into a trade to get podcaster Riddick?  You see, that’s the sort of nonsensical moves I’m talking about that should get Donnie promoted.

We don't know, but I can WAY imagine Cuban saying "get Reddick. Whatever it takes." EASY to imagine that, imo.
Like Reply
What was their last great move?
Like Reply
F-

Carlisle should be fired, every year they don’t fire Carlisle is a failure. Jason Kidd was the real coach of the 2011 team. Carlisle got outcoached by Rondo from the clippers bench. Got gifted a generational talent in Luka and can’t do anything with it. Very sad display. A entire decade of misery!
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 07:55 PM)cow Wrote: What was their last great move?

Pretty easy answer. Trading for Luka. Brunson pick was really good as well (great value for a 2nd round pick). Curry signing (obviously had to screw that up in the next summer).
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 07:55 PM)cow Wrote: What was their last great move?

2018 draft was a homer for sure. 

Before that...Tyson Chandler, the first time? 

Most other positives I can think of were all Carlisle's doing, turning guys like DFS and Brandan Wright into NBA rotation players.
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 07:59 PM)robillionaire Wrote: F-

Carlisle should be fired, every year they don’t fire Carlisle is a failure. Jason Kidd was the real coach of the 2011 team. Carlisle got outcoached by Rondo from the clippers bench. Got gifted a generational talent in Luka and can’t do anything with it. Very sad display. A entire decade of misery!

Can we get a dislike button.
Like Reply
You know...the FIRST DAMN TIME we lose a playoff series we're favored to win...I'll jump aboard the fire Carlisle train.  Until then, I'll just try to be nice (probably unsuccessfully) to the fire Carlisle people.
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 08:08 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: You know...the FIRST DAMN TIME we lose a playoff series we're favored to win...I'll jump aboard the fire Carlisle train.  Until then, I'll just try to be nice (probably unsuccessfully) to the fire Carlisle people.

He lost as a #2 seed to a #7 seed in 2010 but we can ignore that. They were probably favored to win when they were up 2-0 with 3 home games. It’s a testament of it’s own that he hasn’t been favored to win a playoff series in 10 years. I guess he gets a lifetime free pass!
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 08:23 PM)robillionaire Wrote: It’s a testament of it’s own that he hasn’t been favored to win a playoff series in 10 years.

Yeah, this HAS to be factored in. 

I am in shock at TWO things:

1) How much RC gets ALL the blame.

2) How much RC gets NONE of the blame.

RC made a LOT of mistakes this season and postseason and got very little out of some of his players....he also made some good decisions and got a lot out of some mediocre players. He is a massive mixed bag.
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 08:44 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Yeah, this HAS to be factored in. 

I am in shock at TWO things:

1) How much RC gets ALL the blame.

2) How much RC gets NONE of the blame.

RC made a LOT of mistakes this season and postseason and got very little out of some of his players....he also made some good decisions and got a lot out of some mediocre players. He is a massive mixed bag.

AS always the truth about RC's job performance lies somewhere in-between!

He isn't this inane coach that can barely string a play together. He also isn't infallible and has made PLENTY of poor choices.

I don't think RC's job should be safe, but he shouldn't be replaced just to replace him.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply