Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 1.5 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
85.71%
12 85.71%
Clippers
14.29%
2 14.29%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROUND 1, GAME 6: LAC (3-3) @ DAL (3-3) | 97-104 loss
The Clippers have figured out the Mavs offense in the last two 4th quarters. There's really nothing else the Mavs can do at this point. Just pray that shots fall.
Like Reply
Luka started out making shots in the 1st quarter, didn't do much in the 2nd and 3rd, then finished with a flurry after the game was decided. I think he willingly took on the double teams too much instead of being aggressive and in attack mode. That can't happen. Reggie Jackson set the tone for them. Nobody expected him to shoot as well as he did. Also credit the Clippers D, they made it tough on all their shooters not named THJ and Luka. Game 7 is going to be tough.
Like Reply
I don't know how people can still blame RC for this. This roster outside of Luka is a steaming trash heap.
Like Reply
(06-04-2021, 11:09 PM)Branduil Wrote: I don't know how people can still blame RC for this. This roster outside of Luka is a steaming trash heap.

Here is what Kawhi shot:

18-25 (64%)

Here is what the other Clippers shot:

18-52 (34.6%)

Here is what the other Clippers shot after Jackson started the game 6/6 in the first six minutes:

12/46 (26.1%)

I am no rocket scientist, but maybe you don´t wait until 100-92 with a minute left until you start double teaming the f´n guy that cannot miss a shot.

The Clippers double-teamed Luka all game.

Also this was the best game Porzingis played in the series, because he was superactive on defense. Porzingis took three shots in the 2nd half. I´m not even sure how often he touched the ball. The only score was an excellent pass by WCS on a broken play. Then there is the issue that Kleber was obviously played scared (or/and hurt).

Furthermore with like four minutes left the Mavs still had four timeouts. What is the point? Carlisle should use a full timeout to buy Luka some time at the start of the 4th. At the end of the timeout, he should have somebody accidentally Kidd a drink on the floor. That was you can buy Luka nearly ten minutes of extra rest, without watching the Clippers evaporate our slim lead (just like they did in game 5, when Luka sat).

Yes the team is sh*t, but it´s not like Carlisle is having a masterclass out there.

Have you noticed that Luka is not sitting in the 1st quarter anymore after that stupid sub in game three. That might have the been the biggest momentum changer in the whole series, and it was Mavs self-inflicted.
Like Reply
(06-05-2021, 04:53 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Yes the team is sh*t, but it´s not like Carlisle is having a masterclass out there.

Bingo. Lot's of blame to go around, not fair to say it is all roster and not fair to say it is all RC. Both are seriously culpable in their own ways.
Like Reply
1. Why weren't the Mavs double teaming Kawhi like in game 5?
2. Why didn't Bobi play in the 4th quarter? Why no twin towers? That is the strategy which bothers the Clippers the most.
3. Why didn't Powell play except 2-3 minutes or so?
4. Why doesn't Porzingis get more 3s or midrange jumpshots? He should basically have free sight on the basket being so much taller than all the Clippers.
5. Where is KP's bankshot from last year's bubble?
6. Why doesn't Doncic drive to the basket anymore? Too many post-up fadaways and bad 3s which wasn't effective yesterday. Is he tired?
7. What is wrong with the Refs not giving Luka ANY CALLS and not seeing obvious things like the out of bounds play with Maxi Kleber and Paul George?
8. Why did the Clippers get 28 FT and the Mavs only 14 while shooting 43 FGA in the paint?
9. Why didn't Rick Carlisle challenge the Boban offensive foul against Morris or the the out of bounds play with Kleber?

I'm p*** about all of this.
Like Reply
If the reason for moving KP to the 3 line was to free up the paint, then why does it not apply when both Boban and KP are in?
Like Reply
RC is just standing there watching the same thing happen over and over again in the 4th quarter. We have a lead? Alright just wave the white flag with that Brunson/JRich lineup and let the Clippers get back into it...no problem!

Meanwhile the Clips are just laughing everytime because they know they're about to have another easy 4th quarter
Like Reply
(06-05-2021, 04:44 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: RC is just standing there watching the same thing happen over and over again in the 4th quarter. We have a lead? Alright just wave the white flag with that Brunson/JRich lineup and let the Clippers get back into it...no problem!

Meanwhile the Clips are just laughing everytime because they know they're about to have another easy 4th quarter

Luka needs to rest. He probably needs more than just 3-4 minutes in the early 2nd and 4th quarter. That´s on him and his conditioning.
Like Reply
(06-05-2021, 04:50 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Luka needs to rest. He probably needs more than just 3-4 minutes in the early 2nd and 4th quarter. That´s on him and his conditioning.

100%.

PG13 was able to play almost 48 mins....Luka cannot do that and he is fading big time in the 4th quarters. I hope the Mavs are purposely making this obvious to Luka so he gets his act together with diet and conditioning.
Like Reply