Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 7.5 pt RAPTOR & 7.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
69.23%
9 69.23%
Clippers
30.77%
4 30.77%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROUND 1, GAME 5: DAL (3-2) @ LAC (2-3) | 105-100 win
Heart 
[Image: Clippers_Mavericks_Basketball_23935.jpg]
Like Reply
Do we have a less depressing pic we can use for the thread lol

Series is still tied 2-2!!!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
#believe
Like Reply
(06-01-2021, 08:59 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Do we have a less depressing pic we can use for the thread

[Image: 84489ac1737b5b0b7c1cacece4b0a0202d6992b8.gifv]
Like Reply
(06-01-2021, 08:59 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: less depressing pic

[Image: kp_1.jpg]
Like Reply
(06-01-2021, 09:20 PM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: 84489ac1737b5b0b7c1cacece4b0a0202d6992b8.gifv]
This is the way.
Like Reply
Powell and Green to start, Maxi and THJ to the bench  Big Grin
Bring the energy early.
Like Reply
(06-01-2021, 09:36 PM)Aussiebballer Wrote: Powell and Green to start, Maxi and THJ to the bench  Big Grin
Bring the energy early.

I agree, Mavs need some Green Energy.
Like Reply
Powell needs to start. Maxi off the bench might change up his energy/contribution as well. Mavs need to shoot well so I don't think I would bench THJ. Green could be brought off the bench to try to bring some energy. I am not convinced Rick will do that but he might. He was doing random stuff like Boban and Biurke last game.

Boban made sense bc he came in and quickly got some buckets that actually brought Zubac back on the floor. Burke just made no sense at all. I think Josh Green isn't big enough to guard Kawhi, I think you would try to have him both Paul George. We already have J Rich who needs to play on Paul George more. DFS has been so brutal you might consider benching him but I think you have just hope he turns it around.
Like Reply
(06-01-2021, 08:59 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Do we have a less depressing pic we can use for the thread lol

Series is still tied 2-2!!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/ISjzSZsyzO.../giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Dirk & Dallas Mavs Remake Kanye West "POWER" Video!!! - YouTube

Just need to channel these guys..
Like Reply
Mavs remain unbeaten on the road this postseason. If there was ever a streak we didn’t want to end, it’s this one. Must win game.
Like Reply
(06-01-2021, 09:20 PM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: 84489ac1737b5b0b7c1cacece4b0a0202d6992b8.gifv]

Games 1/2: A New Hope
Game 3/4: Empire Strikes Back
Games 5-7: Hopefully Return of the Jedi and not Disney's failed abortion of a trilogy
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(06-01-2021, 09:36 PM)Aussiebballer Wrote: Powell and Green to start, Maxi and THJ to the bench  Big Grin
Bring the energy early.

Is that official?
Like Reply
(06-01-2021, 09:55 PM)chaparral Wrote: I agree, Mavs need some Green Energy.

Not going to happen in a million years. Carlisle won´t play a rookie in a play-off game. You know who could also have been a potential PG/Kawhi spot defender: Tyler Bey. He could have been utilized in certain situations and just give PG13/Kawhi something different to thing about, because they are more comfortable with Maxi/DFS than they are with their own wives.

Somebody that can bring some extra energy, some fouls and harass them for 4-5 minutes. Obviously that would have required to give him some real NBA minutes during the regular season so he can experience actual NBA basketball and possibly get up to the game speed. Guy is 23 years old afterall. How long are you going to wait for him? Grizzlies threw in Clarke, Bane and Tillman immediately, who had the same level of college experience.
Like Reply
(06-02-2021, 04:35 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Not going to happen in a million years. Carlisle won´t play a rookie in a play-off game. You know who could also have been a potential PG/Kawhi spot defender: Tyler Bey. He could have been utilized in certain situations and just give PG13/Kawhi something different to thing about, because they are more comfortable with Maxi/DFS than they are with their own wives.

Somebody that can bring some extra energy, some fouls and harass them for 4-5 minutes. Obviously that would have required to give him some real NBA minutes during the regular season so he can experience actual NBA basketball and possibly get up to the game speed. Guy is 23 years old afterall. How long are you going to wait for him? Grizzlies threw in Clarke, Bane and Tillman immediately, who had the same level of college experience.

Could it be that Clarke, Bane, and Tillman were more seasoned and ready to produce?  Just asking a reasonable question.  I mean it seems to me they are better players than who Dallas drafted.  Memphis is gonna be a problem going forward.
Like Reply
(06-02-2021, 10:56 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Could it be that Clarke, Bane, and Tillman were more seasoned and ready to produce?  Just asking a reasonable question.  I mean it seems to me they are better players than who Dallas drafted.  Memphis is gonna be a problem going forward.
Not going down that rabbit hole again. The short answer is somebody needs to be held accountable. Something that has not happened here in a decade.
Like Reply
Green Energy, Bey-watch and Scary Terry for the save!
Like Reply
(06-02-2021, 01:40 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Green Energy, Bey-watch and Scary Terry for the save!
Yes, start them all in place of KP, THJ and Luka! We need energy!
Like Reply
Gotta love the inability to reason between sides. Cant possibly play young players and mix our athletic guys in with the vets which is all most of us ask for when lineups stagnate. 

Its either rick sucks because he wont play "insert obvious stupid lineup like Boban, Bey, Powell, Green and Burke" instead of maybe mixing in said players with the lineup when things become stagnant. Like it has been said many times we need some energy types to mix and match the athleticism were facing especially when the shots arent falling. Mix in a Corey Brewer/Matrix type to see if you can get hustle points, put backs, better energy on the perimeter on defense etc. 5-10 mins even just for a rebound here or a hard foul by Green, i wish we had Nate Hinton, some easy layins for Boban, matchup changes to dictate the team to respond to US instead of just praying the 3s fall or Luka can bail us out. Its lazy coaching and the results speak for themselves the last few years.

Rant Over
Like Reply