Like Reply
East
~  Hawks in 6
~  Nets in 7

West
~  Jazz in 7
~  Suns in 7
Like Reply
Public service announcement. Picks will not be locked until Sunday soon after the Mavs game since that will be the end of the 1st round and before the next game of the 2nd round starts.
Like Reply
Nets in 6

Sixers un 6

Denver in 6

Utah in 6
Like Reply
Jazz in 7
Suns in 7

Hawks in 6
Bucks in 7
Like Reply
Correct my earlier inconsistent two posts to Nets in 7 as I said first. Add Clippers in 6
Like Reply
So, didn’t realize this was the last game of the day. So we have til the first game is played tomorrow to get our predictions out. Edit or post as you need till then!
Like Reply
F the Clippers 

Jazz in 5
Like Reply
East
  PHI in 7
  BRK in 6

West
  LAC in 6
  PHX in 7
Like Reply
East

Hawks in 6
   Nets in 7

West

Uth in 7
    Den in 6
Like Reply
Alright, 1st round over, points are fully updated, everyone has til 6:00 to get their edits/picks in for the 2nd round. No more Mavs in the playoffs so no bonus points for getting their series correct (that certainly saved my 1st round). Good luck everyone!
Like Reply
(06-07-2021, 04:09 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Alright, 1st round over, points are fully updated, everyone has til 6:00 to get their edits/picks in for the 2nd round. No more Mavs in the playoffs so no bonus points for getting their series correct (that certainly saved my 1st round). Good luck everyone!

Thanks for all the work, though I have to say it kind of stinks that I picked the Hawks before Game one against the Sixers was played, while others can do it now with the added information of that result. Just like in round one, I won´t change my picks despite the added information I have now aka For Shame Bucks. Big Grin
Like Reply
(06-07-2021, 05:26 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Thanks for all the work, though I have to say it kind of stinks that I picked the Hawks before Game one against the Sixers was played, while others can do it now with the added information of that result. Just like in round one, I won´t change my picks despite the added information I have now aka For Shame Bucks. Big Grin
I've said repeatedly that you can edit your picks for that exact reason. I can't help that the 1st round ends after the first round starts and if someone picks the clippers in 6 after their series is set, then edits their pick to Utah in 7, the edit timestamp would disqualify all their picks from before. I'm not really interested in delving into changes more than that. 

Picks are locked now, but I was pretty clear in multiple posts when they would be locked. Also, I asked for any upfront suggestions on how to do this if anyone had them, I received none. I welcome suggestions on how to do this going forward next year!
Like Reply
Maybe next year you can offer some type of prize or reward for anyone that made the correct picks.
Like Reply
(06-08-2021, 09:35 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Maybe next year you can offer some type of prize or reward for anyone that made the correct picks.
Thank you for the suggestion! If you have any non-monetary suggestions, I’m all ears! This contest  goes through the end of the playoffs, not a contest per round. The prize I came up with for the person who wins it all is a title change to “Big Brain: 2021 playoffs. The “Big Brain” series of titles will be the award for all the challenges in the Contests and Challenges forum.

Again, if there is something else non-monetary we can do on the forum, I welcome all suggestions!
Like Reply
Also, ready for any thoughts to change the challenges in any way. Can’t guarantee all suggestions will be implemented, but I appreciate all the feedback to make these contests and challenges as understandable and fair as possible!
Like Reply
(06-08-2021, 11:23 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Also, ready for any thoughts to change the challenges in any way. Can’t guarantee all suggestions will be implemented, but I appreciate all the feedback to make these contests and challenges as understandable and fair as possible!

here's a suggestion, how about anyone who picked the Bucks vs BRK gets a do over?

Totally not suggesting this for personal reasons, no way Jose.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-08-2021, 11:44 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: here's a suggestion, how about anyone who picked the Bucks vs BRK gets a do over?

Totally not suggesting this for personal reasons, no way Jose.
Thank you for your suggestion! I appreciate all feedback!

I can’t guarantee all suggestions will be implemented in the future, but you are a winner in my eyes! Does that count?

Also, maybe we can implement (in the future) a do over per round before the 3rd game of the series?
Like Reply
I was gonna say 2 free tickets to a Mavs game next season, but that would fall under the monetary category I presume.  Have to think of something worth their while to participate in.
Like Reply
(06-10-2021, 01:12 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I was gonna say 2 free tickets to a Mavs game next season, but that would fall under the monetary category I presume.  Have to think of something worth their while to participate in.
If someone wants to donate tickets that is non-monetary for me!
Like Reply