Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Play-in game thread 4: Memphis @GS
(05-21-2021, 11:00 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Steph Curry is a stud...but he should not shake his head when his players dont pass to him.  Sure...he is a once in a lifetime offensive talent...but shaking in frustration multiple times a game when they dont get you the ball when you feel they should have is bad leadership.   No one is perfect...and sure...its a playoff game...but damn.

I didn't notice this. He was doing this?
Like Reply
(05-21-2021, 11:00 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Ok, but soooooo close, and look how unpressured he was on the catch! I mean, they call them floaters for a reason. If there wasn't a guy there, it would've been a layup. He should've made that, my guy. Suck ass Josh Richardson would've made that.

WIDE OPEN

Draymond screwed up. No way to deny that. He probably should have taken the wide open midrange jumper from the FT-line instead of driving into a legit rim protector like Tillman. Richardson is actually a good option for a FT line jumper.
Like Reply
I saw it at least twice in second half if not just 4th and OT.

Maybe thats not enough times in some eyes....but these guys see this on film.
Like Reply
(05-21-2021, 11:05 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: I saw it at least twice in second half if not just 4th and OT.

Maybe thats not enough times in some eyes....but these guys see this on film.

You saw him frustrated twice? How do you know he was frustrated AT teammates? Could it possibly have been at himself, for not playing as well as he wanted? I didn't see, so I don't know. But, I can think of a lot of reasons Curry might be frustrated with this game.
Like Reply
Anyone can be right as long as they make an attempt....

But whomever on this board was saying Tillman would be a steal in the 2nd Round is looking good these days.   It was on this board or somewhere else online...but I was reading someone saying that Tillman would be a steal.
Like Reply
(05-21-2021, 10:50 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: 2nd best +/- for GSW in heavy minutes in a playoff game when teams are trying.

Do you not like the +/- stat?  I dont...but usually because its during bad lineups and games that dont mean much.

(05-21-2021, 10:57 PM)Branduil Wrote: There's no way to actually watch this game and think Wiggins was a positive tonight.

Toscano-Anderson:  +11 in 32 minutes
Poole:  +9 in 38 minutes
Curry:  +4 in 47 minutes
Green:  -2 in 45 minutes
Wiggins: -8 in 44 minutes (the worst of all Warriors who played at least 30 minutes)

Yes, the +/- stat can be very misleading in individual games.  Anyone who watched this game, though, witnessed a steaming hot pile of shit by Wiggins.
Like Reply
(05-21-2021, 11:07 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: You saw him frustrated twice? How do you know he was frustrated AT teammates? Could it possibly have been at himself, for not playing as well as he wanted? I didn't see, so I don't know. But, I can think of a lot of reasons Curry might be frustrated with this game.

I understand what you are saying...

But...Im 41...from a young age you understand to read obvious body language signs.

Im not saying im 100% right...but I doubt Curry shakes his head in the situations I saw unless it was frustration from not getting the ball.

The world is weird and can deceive you....move the goal posts on you.   But...if what I saw was genuine emotions/frustrations...it was from not being passed the ball.  

Maybe it was from bad team play and not his teammate not getting him the ball...but I doubt it.
Like Reply
(05-21-2021, 11:09 PM)Hogmelon Wrote: Toscano-Anderson:  +11 in 32 minutes
Poole:  +9 in 38 minutes
Curry:  +4 in 47 minutes
Green:  -2 in 45 minutes
Wiggins: -8 in 44 minutes (the worst of all Warriors who played at least 30 minutes)

Yes, the +/- stat can be very misleading in individual games.  Anyone who watched this game, though, witnessed a steaming hot pile of shit by Wiggins.

Im not defending Wiggins...I was using a shitty stat to defend him as a bit directed at shitty stats....

What was so steaming about his play?  He cant hit clutch shots?  His contract size?  Just curious what was out of control bad about his play?

He isnt clutch and isnt the focal point on offense...regardless of his contract.   What made Wiggins trash tonight compared against other players?
Like Reply
(05-21-2021, 11:09 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Anyone can be right as long as they make an attempt....

But whomever on this board was saying Tillman would be a steal in the 2nd Round is looking good these days.   It was on this board or somewhere else online...but I was reading someone saying that Tillman would be a steal.

He was drafted 35th in the 2nd round just like his former Spartan, Draymond Green.  MSU produces NBA talent.
Like Reply
The NBA can't be too happy about the Dubs not making the playoffs. Steph is one of their cash cows.  Memphis/Utah won't get the ratings GS/Utah would.
Like Reply
There are a lot of ways to build teams, but Memphis has really done a great job.   They got lucky in the Ja lottery, but almost everyone on their team has been a smart move.  If you look at their draft picks (1st and second), their FA signings and trades, they have found value in almost all.    Draft-Ja, Jackson, Clarke, Brookes, Bane, Tillman (with the last three being second round picks).   Trades- Valaciunas, Melton.  Free agency- Anderson, Tyus Jones.

Their roster looks good next year as well.   Just a good group of nice players.  They can certainly look to package a few to potentially get a third star if they want as well.  They clearly need better three point shooting, but they are going to be a team who will be heard from moving forward.   The Utah series will be a good experience for them....even if they are a quick out. 

The last few years of the Dirk run was really tricky for the Mavs.  But I always wanted them to sort of copy what Memphis has done.    In those years, Dallas seemed to be always chasing their tail.  Not a contender, Not terrible.   Just seemed like there was little plan that was tightly followed.
Like Reply