Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Play-in game thread 2: SA @Mem, GS @LAL
THAT pass is what the Mavs are missing when Luka gets trapped. They have nobody who can do what Green just did.
Like Reply
If Luka would act like Draymond he wouldn´t finish a single game.
Like Reply
Caruso with the PG shot.

Lebron going for his Oscar on this one.
Like Reply
LeBron got hit on that one.  Get him a Wade wheelchair.
Like Reply
I don´t like LeBron´s acting after the foul but that´s a flagrant. Not going for the ball. Making contact to the face.
Like Reply
BALL DON'T LIE
Like Reply
Terrible call. Nearly all of Draymond´s screens are illegal and they call one of the few good ones.
Like Reply
Gotta admit...manstyle shot from Lebron
Like Reply
WTF Kerr. Open corner 3. And he calls the time out. Don´t think they can get a better shot. Certainly not for Curry.
Like Reply
Big time shot by LeBron, oh well.
Like Reply
Wiggins wide open in the opposite corner. Terrible coaching. Force feeding a triple teamed Curry instead.
Like Reply
Great game!

Love me some NBA playoff basketball.
Like Reply
F Lebron. That 3pt heave was ridiculous. 

I hope PHX brings their a game.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Felt like the refs were trying to give this one to the lakers in the second half BUT that shot by LeBron had nothing to do with the refs. They trapped Curry heavily in the second half and in contrast to the first half, his teammates did not make the Lakers pay. Curry desperatedly needed a sidekick. Tough loss for them... and respect to Lebron. He clearly was not himself, favoring his ankle and being very passive but still hitting the essentially game-winning shot.
Like Reply
(05-20-2021, 03:58 AM)meistermatze Wrote: Felt like the refs were trying to give this one to the lakers in the second half BUT that shot by LeBron had nothing to do with the refs. They trapped Curry heavily in the second half and in contrast to the first half, his teammates did not make the Lakers pay. Curry desperatedly needed a sidekick. Tough loss for them... and respect to Lebron. He clearly was not himself, favoring his ankle and being very passive but still hitting the essentially game-winning shot.

GS turned the ball over way too much in the 3rd and 4th Qtrs. That's where they lost the game.  Memphis gets another crack at GS.  They better hold Curry to under 46 this time.
Like Reply
Really fun game.   Lebron didn't look right to start the game.  I imagine it is really hard to play yourself into playoff form after such a long break.  I still think it is probably better to get the Lakers earlier in the playoffs than later.  Although I am guessing other teams are hoping someone else takes them out early.

Steph and Draymond just know how to play in playoff game settings.   It is pretty remarkable what they have done with that roster this year.   I agree though, the turnovers in the second half really hurt.

It was only one game, but it was not a great showing by Schroeder last night.   He will be interesting to see how he performs in the playoffs this year.  He is a better player than Rondo, but last playoffs Rondo was excellent.   Can Schroeder provide good playoff play?

Watching last night shows the difficult spot Dallas is in with KP...especially if he cannot defend well.   The Lakers are one of the few teams that like to go super big in the front court, but it appears they are at their best when they go Davis at the 5.   I have been a fan of Holmes/Derozan offseason even though the fit is not ideal.  But watching last night, you have to wonder if you can play Holmes and KP a lot of minutes together in those types of games?

Valančiūnas has a monster game for Memphis.   The announcers said he was routinely torched in the pick and roll game while in Toronto.  They said he had some help and worked his butt off on defense to improve in that area.  That is the type of offseason KP needs.   He needs a healthy offseason and really needs to improve his leg strength and mobility.
Like Reply
Gotta give credit to LeBron for hitting that incredible shot.
Like Reply
Maybe even more impressive from Lebron was the way he passed smoothly rolling over to his elite assist playmaking game in place of a monster scoring effort.  Nicely done  Shy
Like Reply
One thing I did notice in that LAL GSW game: No THT at all in the 2nd half.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-20-2021, 05:53 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: One thing I did notice in that LAL GSW game: No THT at all in the 2nd half.

Wes Matthews had great cameo. Hit a 3 and forced Wiggins into some difficult shots.
Like Reply