Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brunson has had the most impressive summer
[url=
Quote:Several Mavericks folks, separately and unprompted, have told me that the Mav who perhaps has had the most impressive summer is Jalen Brunson.
— Brad Townsend (@townbrad) September 25, 2019

[Image: giphy.gif]
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
For the first time in a while the "culture" thing is starting to feel real and not some PR spin on a bad roster.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
It’s probably wise for the Mavs to publicly display some confidence in Brunson right now. 

They tried to sign Kemba to start ahead of him, eventually signed Delon who seems poised to start over him, and have never waivered on keeping Barea’s roster spot safe despite his age and devastating injury. 

I think they legit love Brunson but perception can become reality for some players. Good to hear good stuff, either way. Brunson has solid potential to become a borderline starter and / or a excellent P&R leader for the bench mob.
Like Reply
I'm pretty confident in Brunson and also his development.

With his background, this guy will never stop improving and only injuries can stop him. He'll be at least a rotation player for the forseeable future and I hope this will be with us. You can't have enough of those guys around.
Like Reply
He was overshadowed by Luka but he had a solid rookie year, looking forward to see what he can bring in year 2
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
It's funny, after the trade Brunson quietly put up 13ppg, 4.5apg, and 3.2rpg, on 48/35/74

Those numbers are almost like DSJ's his rookie year, and most of us (myself included) was blindingly optimistic in DSJ's potential. Brunson managed to have almost an impressive rookie year, and doing so on less usage, with a pretty jump shot and great basketball IQ. 

If the team is saying he had the most impressive summer, I'm quite anxious to see how much he's improved. Especially considering the summers Luka and Kristaps had. If Jalen took another step, then we're in for a real treat this season.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Would have been nice if they gave any kind of specifics about what was so impressive
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
Anyone remember when we had that one rookie what’shisname that put up 11ppg | 4apg | 3rpg  on 41/40/88 shooting and stole our hearts.

Hopefully the Mavs can keep Brunson and develop him instead of turning him into nothing.
Like Reply
(09-26-2019, 06:35 PM)robillionaire Wrote: Would have been nice if they gave any kind of specifics about what was so impressive

I hope it's more than "he's been with the us national team, so he had the most impressive summer".
Like Reply
Trying out the new board. I like it.

With respect to Brunson, I think his potential is limited a bit by his lack of speed but his BBIQ and effort is clearly there. I've heard some really interesting comps. Andre Miller played 16 years without elite athleticism but made his living as a distributor. I don't yet see that level of elite vision out of Brunson but he has strength and some Miller-traits. Also see some Jamaal Tinsley to his game. Brunson has good size, is strong & tough. and is a good distributor. He may not have Tinsley's handle but I think he's a better shooter. 

Bottom line, when Brunson got the minutes his numbers and efficiency were better than DSJ for sure.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/11...8548191232
Like Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utpsNhBJ8ts
Like Reply
Townsend sources were correct...calm, bbiq, makes the right play, and doesn't get pushed around on defense by opposing PGs...

Looks like a seasoned vet not a 2nd year player...Mavs said he was a first round talent...

They were wrong...he was a lotto pick...

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
Not a lot of love for this guy, which is a shame. He's been the best Mav through 2 preseason games thus far. Maybe he needs to start posting CGI edited videos of him dunking in high school gyms to start getting respect around here. 

Anyways, Brunson's confidence appears sky high compared to what it was a year ago. The young core is looking like a tight knit group and Brunson is a big part of that. Chemistry is key in the years to come, and the Mavs have that. 

Once he starts hitting his 3's more consistently, it's game over. Dude's only 23, a lot of growth left.
Like Reply
(10-10-2019, 12:29 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Not a lot of love for this guy, which is a shame. He's been the best Mav through 2 preseason games thus far. Maybe he needs to start posting CGI edited videos of him dunking in high school gyms to start getting respect around here. 

Anyways, Brunson's confidence appears sky high compared to what it was a year ago. The young core is looking like a tight knit group and Brunson is a big part of that. Chemistry is key in the years to come, and the Mavs have that. 

Once he starts hitting his 3's more consistently, it's game over. Dude's only 23, a lot of growth left.

Brunson looks great! I guess we're looking in different places though, because I've seen a lot of love for JB.
Like Reply
Brunson plays the right way.  I will be disappointed if he doesn't get 26-28 mpg.
Free Jalen Brunson!
Like Reply
He’s easily been the second most impressive Mav this preseason.  My biggest fear for the season is that Coach gives a lot of his minutes away to JJB, who can’t play, and costs the team several wins.  That probably won’t happen, but my second biggest fear is that is takes Coach too long to realize that JB is a far superior player to Wright (who looks like an awful fit with Luka based on eye test this preseason but maybe the numbers are better) and ends up losing minutes there due to sunk cost fallacy.  JB has potential to make an all star team at some point in his career and be an above average player this year.
Like Reply
(10-12-2019, 09:12 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: He’s easily been the second most impressive Mav this preseason.  My biggest fear for the season is that Coach gives a lot of his minutes away to JJB, who can’t play, and costs the team several wins.  That probably won’t happen, but my second biggest fear is that is takes Coach too long to realize that JB is a far superior player to Wright (who looks like an awful fit with Luka based on eye test this preseason but maybe the numbers are better) and ends up losing minutes there due to sunk cost fallacy.  JB has potential to make an all star team at some point in his career and be an above average player this year.
I'm also all in on the Luka/Brunson backcourt...

Right now I'm locked in on Brunson Luka Powell and KP as starters...no one else has looked like starter material yet...

Man I wish we could get a solid experienced wing...
Like Reply
Brunson's a keeper. Everyone need not be a stud.
Like Reply
Brunson has been our most impressive guard so far outside of Luka. I'd start him at the 1. Not sure about the last spot, but

Brunson
Doncic
Porzingis
Powell

are our most impactful players I'd argue.

Curry was terrific as a starter for us a few years ago, but he's so small yet plays SG. The only backcourt combo where I see him being able to start is alongside Wright but the latter has looked pretty terrible so far. Not sure we can afford to start Delon. He doesn't look right to me, I doubt he's fully healthy.

OTOH Brunson looks as sharp as any player on the roster. I think he has earned the starting job for the first games now. He seems to have found his groove in our system and could take some pressure off Luka and KP early on.
Like Reply