Poll: What is your initial desire (as it is today) for the future of DB.com boards?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Work with the Maven site and what they offer.
2.70%
1 2.70%
Have Fish redirect to this site from his main page.
43.24%
16 43.24%
Have a completely independent relationship from Fish.
45.95%
17 45.95%
Something outside the box.... (share in your post)
8.11%
3 8.11%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What should be the future of DB.com boards?
(09-19-2019, 06:20 PM)balldontliez Wrote: I’d get with Mackigian on that

PM'd him about that...

Meanwhile at maven:

A new section DBcom Boards just was added there, yet nothing new to see there atm.
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 05:57 PM)robillionaire Wrote: Can someone tell mak not to ban me
I can ban Mak now... Angel

(09-19-2019, 06:31 PM)WillE Wrote:

PM'd him about that...

Meanwhile at maven:

A new section DBcom Boards just was added there, yet nothing new to see there atm.
Just another link to find the same 18 posts without the articles...how many days did that take?...

All Hail Magickain...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 06:31 PM)WillE Wrote:

PM'd him about that...

Meanwhile at maven:

I just checked out that DBcom Boards section. It just links you to the community they have on the website. 

But maybe they're trying to get this board to link up through that.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
FYI, I am a mod (Magic kindly made me one at the very very beginning here), but not a "super mod" (whatever that is, I have no idea) like Clutch, Mak, Dahlsim. 

And again, I probably misread into things and was a little spooked reading about who owns SI.com now.
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 06:10 PM)WillE Wrote: I'm happy to take the costs, but I've never done this before, so if there's anything I should know...

I can purchase it and set it up... if you would like to donate to the cause, I would appreciate it. Usually, URLs cost $15 a year. 

my paypal is qabick@gmail.com or my venmo is JamesRichV or my patreon is https://www.patreon.com/qabick

I greatly appreciate all the kind words, everyone! yall are making me feel special, haha. 

but really I am sure many of you would have done it too, I just knew I could, and so I acted quick. Not a big deal, but I do appreciate the response!
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 08:56 PM)Kammrath Wrote: FYI, I am a mod (Magic kindly made me one at the very very beginning here), but not a "super mod" (whatever that is, I have no idea) like Clutch, Mak, Dahlsim. 

And again, I probably misread into things and was a little spooked reading about who owns SI.com now.

And like Magic....I am a "super mod" (still don't know what that is!). 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
wait a minute, are you the poster formerly known as richthefith
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 09:26 PM)robillionaire Wrote: wait a minute, are you the poster formerly known as richthefith

hahaha why yes I am. I also had Oblique and ObliqueOfMusicConveyor, and I was Vertigo before that(all the different boards) 

I have been around the site since 2002, lurked for a long time, but used to contribute more to the convo... I also used to be a way diff moron back then too so if I was annoying or upset you back then, then I apologize hahaha I have grown up a lot.
Like Reply
holy shit man. I knew it. Big fan of yours, man. You're a legend.
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 09:35 PM)robillionaire Wrote: holy shit man. I knew it. Big fan of your man. You're a legend.

haha wow thanks man! Yall are giving me too big a head, I might need yall to begin roasting me, or I won't know how to respond anymore hahaha
Like Reply
I actually thought maybe you died, I seriously followed your life for a long time because it was highly entertaining. I'm glad you're not dead.

I've grown up a lot too my friend
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 09:38 PM)robillionaire Wrote: I actually thought maybe you died, I seriously followed your life for a long time because it was highly entertaining. I'm glad you're not dead.

hahaha yeah man well I came close tbh... I moved to Colorado for a crazy woman who worked in the adult film industry... 

I had just been diagnosed with cancer and so I thought I was going to die, and she told me she loved me and I was a fool and vulnerable and went for it. 

We played in two diff Mavs fantasy leagues, but we loved The League too much and so we liked to troll and be mean and roast folks, but people didn't like it too much, and we angered some folks... I was less than an appealing person back then hahaha

but yeah man, then she got arrested twice, and ran off and got remarried and pregnant, so I was left alone on my "deathbed" and became bed ridden...

I then thought I was going to die alone in the mountains without anyone here....

then I taught myself to walk with a cane... I now no longer walk with a cane, and I work out daily. I did 1.5 years at community college and got an honor roll scholarship to come to CMU, and here I am... a Nontrad at 34 at university for what I have always wanted to do. I am super busy and involved on campus. 

I am the happiest I have ever been, and I am working really hard to constantly improve my life and live in service for others as well. 

So yeah man... I nearly did die... and in many ways the old me did.
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 09:44 PM)Magickian Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 09:38 PM)robillionaire Wrote: I actually thought maybe you died, I seriously followed your life for a long time because it was highly entertaining. I'm glad you're not dead.

hahaha yeah man well I came close tbh... I moved to Colorado for a crazy woman who worked in the adult film industry... 

I had just been diagnosed with cancer and so I thought I was going to die, and she told me she loved me and I was a fool and vulnerable and went for it. 

We played in two diff Mavs fantasy leagues, but we loved The League too much and so we liked to troll and be mean and roast folks, but people didn't like it too much, and we angered some folks... I was less than an appealing person back then hahaha

but yeah man, then she got arrested twice, and ran off and got remarried and pregnant, so I was left alone on my "deathbed" and became bed ridden...

I then thought I was going to die alone in the mountains without anyone here....

then I taught myself to walk with a cane... I now no longer walk with a cane, and I work out daily. I did 1.5 years at community college and got an honor roll scholarship to come to CMU, and here I am... a Nontrad at 34 at university for what I have always wanted to do. I am super busy and involved on campus. 

I am the happiest I have ever been, and I am working really hard to constantly improve my life and live in service for others as well. 

So yeah man... I nearly did die... and in many ways the old me did.

you're a true inspiration man. you look healthier too. really happy for you.
Like Reply
Tough times don’t last, but tough people do ... Glad to see ya living life to fullest, Oblique. 
I know ya been through a lot over the years! ✊
Like Reply
What a story Magic. Keep your head up, you're legit, man.
Like Reply
It feels sketchy and reminds me of the move of valleyofthesuns (phoenix suns fansite) to fansided without much notification over one summer. The community literally died overnight. Literally have no idea where most if the posters went since the other suns websites' communities tend towards ridiculous optimism instead of purposeful discussion and stayed that way. Hopefully db.com doesnt go down the same path.
Like Reply
(09-20-2019, 04:01 AM)Xeroze Wrote: It feels sketchy and reminds me of the move of valleyofthesuns (phoenix suns fansite) to fansided without much notification over one summer. The community literally died overnight. Literally have no idea where most if the posters went since the other suns websites' communities tend towards ridiculous optimism instead of purposeful discussion and stayed that way. Hopefully db.com doesnt go down the same path.
I'm always most comfortable operating in the middle of the two extremes. I was tending toward the less optimistic side the last few years, I believe without too many being on the extreme sunshine side that I'll probably be more toward that side in the coming years. I've always fought against the snowball effect where one person says something optimistic, making the next guy need to say something more extreme in order to bring something to the table and so on.
Like Reply
(09-20-2019, 04:08 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 04:01 AM)Xeroze Wrote: It feels sketchy and reminds me of the move of valleyofthesuns (phoenix suns fansite) to fansided without much notification over one summer. The community literally died overnight. Literally have no idea where most if the posters went since the other suns websites' communities tend towards ridiculous optimism instead of purposeful discussion and stayed that way. Hopefully db.com doesnt go down the same path.
I'm always most comfortable operating in the middle of the two extremes. I was tending toward the less optimistic side the last few years, I believe without too many being on the extreme sunshine side that I'll probably be more toward that side in the coming years. I've always fought against the snowball effect where one person says something optimistic, making the next guy need to say something more extreme in order to bring something to the table and so on.
i tend to move towards the middle of two extremes, but my concern thus far has been the utter lack of urgency on Fish's front. Which is weird considering he has a lot to lose in all this. 

On the forum here itself though, the mobile version is kind of weird (probably just not used to it) but i really like a web version (which i am using right now, while i was using the mobile version a while back). Brings the best forum features from the past few forum versions at both scout and 247 together. No more irritatingly weird problems with returning to main page. 

That said, i have difficulty seeing this forum being sustainable on its own without either fish's main db site at maven or something along the lines (basically writers writing articles). There's already reddit for that and the mavericks reddit has seen an influx of users (which might or might not be from 247) in the past few months. Yes, the discussions in forum style is more in depth, but if there isnt much new blood coming in there's a high chance it'll end up like other forums where the mindset tends to be rather closed or groupthink.
Like Reply
Has anyone read my last conversation with Matt Galatzan yesterday?

It seems they deleted it meanwhile, but the essence was: they're all under contract at maven, therefore won't direct traffic anywhere else and also can't decide about technical changes.

So I assume a real message board, like this place here, won't happen over there.

@Magickian: what's the status quo at your end?
Like Reply
Thumbs Down 
(09-22-2019, 02:55 AM)WillE Wrote: Has anyone read my last conversation with Matt Galatzan yesterday?

It seems they deleted it meanwhile, but the essence was: they're all under contract at maven, therefore won't direct traffic anywhere else and also can't decide about technical changes.

So I assume a real message board, like this place here, won't happen over there.

@Magickian: what's the status quo at your end?
I seems to be the case as far as I can tell...also they are in denial about this place having more discussion...also my calling out folks disappeared the other day...so far their big change was to add a DB.com tab that only shows the threads over there...

[Image: giphy.gif]
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply