Poll: What is your initial desire (as it is today) for the future of DB.com boards?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Work with the Maven site and what they offer.
2.70%
1 2.70%
Have Fish redirect to this site from his main page.
43.24%
16 43.24%
Have a completely independent relationship from Fish.
45.95%
17 45.95%
Something outside the box.... (share in your post)
8.11%
3 8.11%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What should be the future of DB.com boards?
(09-19-2019, 01:50 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 01:44 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 01:31 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 12:58 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I am beginning to be 100% in your camp on this. This whole thing is SUPER sketchy right now and frankly not sure I am interested in being connected to it in any way.

I really, really hope this site Magick put together stays independent, but like you I fear it might be too late. It seems like something happened over night and we aren't being told what.

Kam, why do you say something happened last night?
Not speaking for Kamm directly bit this move came out of nowhere hinge him saying last night...if I'm wrong Kamm can clarify...

What move?
24/7 closing down and the move to Maven came out of nowhere...usually we had more timely warnings in the past of Brand and Board switches...just my 2 cents...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Well I appreciate everyone's kind words about this place I set up for us. 

I am supposed to be on a group chat/call with Mak, Fish, and SI soon... I am not sure when that is happening but that is the gist of what Fish and I spoke about. 

We are going to try to work this out so they are incorporated. 

Either way, this board will exist. I made this for Fish, and hopefully it remains a part of what he built as I am not trying to do this on nefarious terms, nor am I trying to do this in any deceiving manner. 

So, ideally we work this out soon with him and it is incorporated...

If things turn for the worse and we can't reconcile the sites, then regardless I will keep this thing going. I can get my own url then at that point for it, but I am giving Fish the opportunity to work this out, and I only made this to benefit the community that HE built, so I was trying to help us all. 

I saw everyone upset about the move, and the lack of a forum, and so I took the initiative to find a solution. 

Regardless of what happens I see no reason I can't keep this board active and alive... so please don't worry about that part.
Like Reply
No matter what happens you are a hero to us Magic and we love what you built...I like this more than Scout or 24/7 and this blows Maven away...
Like Reply
Solid amount of posters here already...  Smile
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 12:58 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I am beginning to be 100% in your camp on this. This whole thing is SUPER sketchy right now and frankly not sure I am interested in being connected to it in any way.

I really, really hope this site Magick put together stays independent, but like you I fear it might be too late. It seems like something happened over night and we aren't being told what.

I might be reading too much into it, but all of a sudden Dahlsim and Mak have been made "super mods" out of nowhere, when they have shown no interest in what is happening here nor are they posting here. 

But the whole SI.com takeover stuff is SUPER sketchy and the business model of profiting off of people who are not paid is extremely inappropriate and I want nothing to do with that.
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 02:37 PM)Kammrath Wrote:

I might be reading too much into it, but all of a sudden Dahlsim and Mak have been made "super mods" out of nowhere, when they have shown no interest in what is happening here nor are they posting here. 

But the whole SI.com takeover stuff is SUPER sketchy and the business model of profiting off of people who are not paid is extremely inappropriate and I want nothing to do with that.

I don't think that there is a "super mod" thing going on. I think it's just that Dahl made some technical comments on the 247 site and Mike enlisted Dahl in helping with whatever he's doing with Maven. So then the mention of several names (including Dahl, Mak and Magick) in the "Fish Here" post was just Mike listing people that he wanted to incorporate into helping get the Maven site sorted out because they're already helping (Mak and Dahl), created a site (Magick) or posting about the topic (me and Clutch). I'm certainly not the guy for setting up a site though, so I'm out. 

Really, this whole thing seems to me like Mike is getting stuck between trying to satisfy both Maven and us. And it remains to be seen if that's possible.
Like Reply
Hey Fif...why was Kamm a Mod for years to overnight not knowing nothing when this all went down...Kamm was fair and respected as a Mod unless I missed something...
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 03:39 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Hey Fif...why was Kamm a Mod for years to overnight not knowing nothing when this all went down...Kamm was fair and respected as a Mod unless I missed something...

I don't really know anything either, except what for we've seen on posts that have been flying around. I don't think Mike has been communicating with anyone a lot or trying to leave anyone out. Seems like Mak is kind of Mike's right hand man for forum admin stuff, Dahl got included in the post because he gave Mike some technical advice about making sure dallasbasketball.com got pointed to the Maven site. Magick got included in the post because he created this site, you and I got included in the post because we were both posting back and forth about all this stuff over at the Maven site.

And I don't find anything mysterious really about this dragging out. It just seems to be evidence that it may be hard to do what Maven wants and what we want.
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 01:59 PM)admin Wrote: Well I appreciate everyone's kind words about this place I set up for us. 

I am supposed to be on a group chat/call with Mak, Fish, and SI soon... I am not sure when that is happening but that is the gist of what Fish and I spoke about. 

Either way, this board will exist. I made this for Fish, and hopefully it remains a part of what he built as I am not trying to do this on nefarious terms, nor am I trying to do this in any deceiving manner. 

If things turn for the worse and we can't reconcile the sites, then regardless I will keep this thing going. I can get my own url then at that point for it, but I am giving Fish the opportunity to work this out, and I only made this to benefit the community that HE built, so I was trying to help us all. 

I saw everyone upset about the move, and the lack of a forum, and so I took the initiative to find a solution. 

Regardless of what happens I see no reason I can't keep this board active and alive... so please don't worry about that part.
You're a hero Magic.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 04:05 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 01:59 PM)admin Wrote: Well I appreciate everyone's kind words about this place I set up for us. 

You're a hero Magic.

I can only agree.

You say all the right things, so it seems like you have the purest intentions. And that right there is literally heroic!

Kinda Robin Hood style - luv it Big Grin
Like Reply
Alright; rename this domain to HeroMavs and we're set. lol
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 05:23 PM)balldontliez Wrote:

Just adding I think you should be mod or admin as well

Yes, Kam should always be a mod!
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 04:56 PM)iolide Wrote: Alright; rename this domain to HeroMavs and we're set. lol

HeroMavs.com would bei free currently.

Also:
Mffls.org
allMavs.com
dallasmavericksbasketball.com

The last one is gold.
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 03:27 PM)fifteenth Wrote:

I don't think that there is a "super mod" thing going on. I think it's just that Dahl made some technical comments on the 247 site and Mike enlisted Dahl in helping with whatever he's doing with Maven. So then the mention of several names (including Dahl, Mak and Magick) in the "Fish Here" post was just Mike listing people that he wanted to incorporate into helping get the Maven site sorted out because they're already helping (Mak and Dahl), created a site (Magick) or posting about the topic (me and Clutch). I'm certainly not the guy for setting up a site though, so I'm out. 

Really, this whole thing seems to me like Mike is getting stuck between trying to satisfy both Maven and us. And it remains to be seen if that's possible.

(09-19-2019, 05:35 PM)WillE Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 04:56 PM)iolide Wrote: Alright; rename this domain to HeroMavs and we're set. lol

HeroMavs.com would bei free currently.

Also:
Mffls.org
allMavs.com
dallasmavericksbasketball.com

The last one is gold.
Last one for sure...great detective work...
Like Reply
I’d make Kamm a mod if I could.
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 05:44 PM)balldontliez Wrote: Last one. Surprised it’s still there

So who's gonna get it?
Like Reply
Can someone tell mak not to ban me
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
I voted for the 2nd option.  The losing the last few years has sapped peoples (my) interest level, but were about to get real good and people are going to want to talk about it somewhere.  I like Fish so it would be cool if it's still associated with his website, but it's more important that it's a real message board where we can have real discussions once the season starts.  Whatever happens thanks to Fish and everyone who worked on his site over the years and thanks for everyone helping to try and make this thing work.  Gonna be a great season no matter what site we are typing on.
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 06:00 PM)balldontliez Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 05:47 PM)WillE Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 05:44 PM)balldontliez Wrote: Last one. Surprised it’s still there

So who's gonna get it?

We should get it to redirect here like Magic was talking about doing with DB. As far as who buys it idk.

I'm happy to take the costs, but I've never done this before, so if there's anything I should know...
Like Reply
That last FQDN indeed is gold.
Like Reply