Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 5 Playoffs 2024: Oklahoma City Thunder (2-2) vs. Dallas Mavericks (2-2)
DJJ is getting paid and I really hope that Dumont is writting the check.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod, rocky164, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Phew! So glad this game didn't turn out like game 4. The team needs to finish this in Dallas.
[-] The following 2 users Like RGP1981's post:
  • KillerLeft, rocky164
Like Reply
(05-15-2024, 10:50 PM)RGP1981 Wrote: Phew! So glad this game didn't turn out like game 4. The team needs to finish this in Dallas.

Hoping the Mavs can unload THJ and pay DJJ.
[-] The following 3 users Like Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • Berknip, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, rocky164
Like Reply
OKC 10/40 from 3. This isn't over. They missed good looks and had the best 3P% in the league in the regular season. Need another special performance on defense and some luck to close the series in game six.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft, Lukedoncic, RGP1981
Like Reply
And jettison Hardaway Sr.’s nonsense in the process
Like Reply
love to see a mentally strong team
plenty of teams out there who would have folded and Cancun'd it after that last game
[-] The following 3 users Like Jym's post:
  • BigDirk41, Reunion Mav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
I know that it can be frustrating for Luka but these low FTA games are benefiting the Mavs. If the refs get whistle happy OKC benefits more than Dallas.
[-] The following 5 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Arioch, KillerLeft, Mavs2021, Reunion Mav, rocky164
Like Reply
(05-15-2024, 10:52 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: OKC 10/40 from 3. This isn't over. They missed good looks and had the best 3P% in the league in the regular season. Need another special performance on defense and some luck to close the series in game six.

I thought they missed some easy looks in the 2nd quarter, for sure. 

I’m leaning Mavs defense more than OKC missing for most of the 2nd half.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Arioch, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(05-15-2024, 10:52 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: OKC 10/40 from 3. This isn't over. They missed good looks and had the best 3P% in the league in the regular season. Need another special performance on defense and some luck to close the series in game six.

Yes they missed some very makeable shots.  

Although from our past perimeter Mavs teams, those shots are much harder when the pressure is on.  Dallas controlled the rim and didn’t give up many free throws.  Really limiting ways OKC to win.

I agree…not over though
Like Reply
(05-15-2024, 10:54 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I know that it can be frustrating for Luka but these low FTA games are benefiting the Mavs. If the refs get whistle happy OKC benefits more than Dallas.

Agreed. I think he is a little too focused on the whistle that SGA gets, specifically, rather than being grateful that the refs are calling that type of foul for everyone.
Like Reply
Still need Kyrie to take more shots man, 11 - shots is not enough - anytime he is open, shoot. dont care for this playmaker stuff
Like Reply

Agreed! OKC were cold from three-point range today. The Mavericks can't afford to think they have this in the bag and take the foot off the gas. They need to be focused, and play hard and smart. If they let OKC back into the series at 3-3, I think it will then give OKC the confidence and momentum they will need to win at home in game 7.
Like Reply
Preventing them from gaining confidence on easy shots helps.
Like Reply
(05-15-2024, 10:55 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Still need Kyrie to take more shots man, 11 - shots is not enough - anytime he is open, shoot. dont care for this playmaker stuff

That’s the beauty of having two of them. Kyrie has been carrying them through most of the playoffs, tonight was Luka’s turn.
Like Reply
(05-15-2024, 10:54 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I thought they missed some easy looks in the 2nd quarter, for sure. 

I’m leaning Mavs defense more than OKC missing for most of the 2nd half.

I think Dort, Jay Williams and Wallace are comparable to DFS in the past. Shooting high 30s from 3 in the regular season but probably more mid/low 30s in a playoff environment with more pressure and maybe a little less time and space.
Like Reply
I would like Kyrie to be more aggressive. Need to give OKc credit. They are giving both him and Luka very little easy looks. Really focusing other Mavs tonight shots. For the most part they have
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • BolsDamols
Like Reply
All Luka has to do is NOT COMPLAIN. Just play basketball.
[-] The following 7 users Like donzingis38's post:
  • BolsDamols, DallasMaverick, KillerLeft, Mavs2021, nicholasthefan, RoyTarpleysGhost, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
I think this is as good as it will get for Kyrie in this series...especially when he's playing 40+ minutes every game. OKC is too tough of a matchup for him where he won't be going off.
Like Reply
we have two superstars while OKC only have one, which gives us the edge. SGA been consistently good though. and our bench ain't that poor and some guys can get jobs done once in a while imho.
Like Reply
Also whats up with the Hardy experiment? At one point we had THJ, Hardy with Kyrie in the game, I was scared for my life

At least with Exum, he is not a liability defensively. I wish this experiment won't show up in Game 6 and Exum gets another shot.
[-] The following 2 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod, rocky164
Like Reply