Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2 2024 Playoffs: Dallas Mavericks (0-1) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (1-0)
(05-09-2024, 09:48 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Damn JDub.

No rim protection for that dunk
Like Reply
(05-09-2024, 09:50 PM)GATA Wrote: Green is the X factor.  Only guy on the team I feel confident with an open look from anywhere behind the line

Glad you feel that way, he's iffy to me.
Like Reply
Dallas still winning the rebound battle 22-17, one of Kidd’s keys to the game.

Dallas with only 5 turnovers - pretty big reversal from game 1.

OKC shooting well, but only 1 offensive rebound.

Dallas leading free throws attempted 7-6.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • Luka77
Like Reply
PJ is a legit 3rd option tbh.
Like Reply
(05-09-2024, 09:51 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Seriously what kind of problem makes your knees bleed? I have never heard of this before.

first time seeing this as well, 2nd weirdest injury since Carl Landry implanted his teeth on Dirk's arms
Like Reply
So far the Keys:

Luka---Check (18 points)
TO--Check (5)
Rebounds---Check (+5)
FT --Check (only 6 allowed)

Keep it up second half
Like Reply
Kyrie still really quiet.
Like Reply
It may be Dwight Powell time.
Like Reply
(05-09-2024, 09:50 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: This might not be the series for Lively...that's why you shouldn't waste TWO roster spots on Powell and Morris who are only here for the bench/locker room. Having another big man who could actually step in for some stretches would be huge (ex: Mahinmi on the 2011 team)

Agreed! I have been banging the drum for this too. My pick for an easily gotten target is Jericho Sims. He does everything that Lively does but is a better perimeter defender and rebounder. At worst, he is someone that could be brought into the game if Lively/Gafford aren't playing well or get into foul trouble.
Like Reply
Dallas has to continue to make shots. The Thunder is not going away. If they do, they can even it. It's Kyrie's time to shine now.
Like Reply
(05-09-2024, 09:55 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: It may be Dwight Powell time.

Maybe not. Seeing Gaff was back on the bench and even clapping.  Maybe a dinger dislocation they put back in place. Hopefully. They need him.
Like Reply
(05-09-2024, 09:59 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Maybe not. Seeing Gaff was back on the bench and even clapping.  Maybe a dinger dislocation they put back in place. Hopefully. They need him.

He's always gonna have mashed up fingers. He's a violent dunker.
Like Reply
Giddy is done. Career in jeopardy.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(05-09-2024, 09:59 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Maybe not. Seeing Gaff was back on the bench and even clapping.  Maybe a dinger dislocation they put back in place. Hopefully. They need him.

Darn dem dangerous dinger dislocations! Tongue
Like Reply
Feel like this game is over
Like Reply
If only Exum, Green, THJ could make timely buckets like Aaron Wiggins... Sad
Like Reply
Who the F is Aaron Wiggins? Can we put a body on him?
Like Reply
Luka needs to show back up. He’s been invisible since the first quarter.
[-] The following 2 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BigDirk41, Luka77
Like Reply
(05-09-2024, 10:12 PM)Luka77 Wrote: Who the F is Aaron Wiggins?  Can we put a body on him?

Perhaps, this is a case of the grass looking greener on the other... but if he plays as he has in these 2 games, I think he could be a legit 3rd-4th option on the Mavs along with PJ.

Kyrie, Wiggins, Luka, PJ, Lively/Gaff
Like Reply
(05-09-2024, 09:56 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Dallas has to continue to make shots. The Thunder is not going away. If they do, they can even it. It's Kyrie's time to shine now.

I thought we’d gotten past the need to hit a bunch of shots in order to win. But defense just isn’t working tonight.

Is OKC a talented offensive team? Yes. But Dallas needs to slow them down.
Like Reply