Poll: What is your initial desire (as it is today) for the future of DB.com boards?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Work with the Maven site and what they offer.
2.70%
1 2.70%
Have Fish redirect to this site from his main page.
43.24%
16 43.24%
Have a completely independent relationship from Fish.
45.95%
17 45.95%
Something outside the box.... (share in your post)
8.11%
3 8.11%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What should be the future of DB.com boards?
Question 
I want to test polls.
Like Reply
WE HAVE POLLS AGAIN??

What is this 2012?? 

Honestly, just tell Fish to save his breath. This is all set up, he can have his articles post here, and his Maven thing.

I cannot dream that the interface of Maven ever coming close to this. Unless of course they completely rework it into a board like this.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Is it possible to have someone explain what happened to dB.com over the past few months. Went from being a great site to something I barely recognize and can get info from easily. Thanks in advance.
Like Reply
(09-15-2019, 08:50 PM)Fromthecorner Wrote: Is it possible to have someone explain what happened to dB.com over the past few months.  Went from being a great site to something I barely recognize and can get info from easily.  Thanks in advance.

A significant transition. 247sports is getting out of the pro sports business and then Sports Illustrated has hired Fisher.
Like Reply
completely independent mavs forum built from the grassroots with a new name and new logo that can hopefully begin to restore the community to its former glory and become the premier mavs message board on the internet which should be easy because there aren’t any other good ones
Like Reply
(09-18-2019, 10:25 PM)robillionaire Wrote: completely independent mavs forum built from the grassroots with a new name and new logo that can hopefully begin to restore the community to its former glory and become the premier mavs message board on the internet which should be easy because there aren’t any other good ones

I think that is a beautiful vision. We just need Magickian fully on board.
Like Reply
If the cost of the new domain name and hosting the board is a concern there’s always things like patreon, this is a good community that would sustain the project on donations
Like Reply
So this is what I was doing today, https://www.facebook.com/100030851870193/videos/180921022946292/ 

I went on a Lemon Squeeze rock climb in my hiking class. (lemon squeeze is where you have nothing under you, just two close walls and you place your feet on one side, and back against the other and shimmy yourself up) So much fun! 

I had THREE Meetings today. 

I am the Operations Manager of KMSA 91.3 FM, as well as hosting my own Radio Show on Fridays at 3-4. 

I have weekly Manager meetings early Wed. then class, then Hiking Class, then DJ Meetings, and then now I am about to go out and meet up with some girls from campus for some drinks. 

I have to give a presentation tomorrow before the school board requesting money for my charity I am the Club Advisory Board Representative for(Circle K International). I am also doing my Practicum with CMU-TV, and I the Vice President of my Honor Society (National Society of Leadership and Success)

I am also in the Film Production Club, The Future Business Leaders of America, and I am founding a Hiking Club that I will be Founder and President of. 

I am also a Full-Time Student, working on TWO films, one of which is about to begin shooting. I am also building a Media Production Company. 

So I am MAD busy especially during Tuesday-Thursdays. and some on Fridays/Mondays but not as busy as the other three days. 

So I am a bit of an overachiever hahaha...

I am mad busy but I will get to these things as quick as I can. I won't let you guys down, and we will figure out what to do, and this place will be up and running. 

I have Kamm so far, and Mak should be coming on board soon too to mod... That will help too...

but yeah... sometimes I may be silent but some folks have my contact info for emergencies, but otherwise weekdays are the busiest times for me. So just a heads up.
Like Reply
(09-18-2019, 11:37 PM)Magickian Wrote: So this is what I was doing today, https://www.facebook.com/100030851870193/videos/180921022946292/ 

I went on a Lemon Squeeze rock climb in my hiking class. (lemon squeeze is where you have nothing under you, just two close walls and you place your feet on one side, and back against the other and shimmy yourself up) So much fun! 

I am the Operations Manager of KMSA 91.3 FM, as well as hosting my own Radio Show on Fridays at 3-4. 

I have weekly Manager meetings early Wed. then class, then Hiking Class, then DJ Meetings, and then now I am about to go out and meet up with some girls from campus for some drinks. 

I have to give a presentation tomorrow before the school board requesting money for my charity I am the Club Advisory Board Representative for(Circle K International). I am also doing my Practicum with CMU-TV, and I the Vice President of my Honor Society (National Society of Leadership and Success)

I am also in the Film Production Club, The Future Business Leaders of America, and I am founding a Hiking Club that I will be Founder and President of. 

I am also a Full-Time Student, working on TWO films, one of which is about to begin shooting. I am also building a Media Production Company. 

So I am MAD busy especially during Tuesday-Thursdays. and some on Fridays/Mondays but not as busy as the other three days. 

I am mad busy but I will get to these things as quick as I can. I won't let you guys down, and we will figure out what to do, and this place will be up and running. 

I have Kamm so far, and Mak should be coming on board soon too to mod... That will help too...

but yeah... sometimes I may be silent but some folks have my contact info for emergencies, but otherwise weekdays are the busiest times for me. So just a heads up.
If you didn't make any changes for 6 months due to workload and life I wouldn't be upset since this is already.an awesome site with lots of cool features...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
The Maven seems to be a shady company if you do some research Just my two cents here, The Maven seems to be a somewhat shady company (they bought the SI brand 3 months ago) and before you know it they will turn around and sell the SI brand to somebody else who shutters the website just like what has happened with scout and 24/7 sports and fox sports next and all these other fledgling brands, and then once again it will be poof, bye bye community. I don't trust them. How many times do we have to go down this road jumping from company to company that eventually shutters and further splinters the community, this has been the failing model for the past 9 years, mavs fans who just want to talk about basketball need some stability in the form of an independent message board that is not connected to these organizations or one individual's personal financial success. 

We can have the community select a couple fair and willing mods, it's not too busy yet so we probably don't need all that many, maybe expand as it becomes necessary, and then maybe write a basic FAQ with some simple common sense forum rules. Oh and we have to put our heads together and come up with a forum name and URL. Other than that we just kick back and talk about mavs basketball like always and let the good times roll. We can't rely on Magickian to do all this himself as he has a busy life, it has to be community driven 

I dunno, just an idea, not sure how everybody else is feeling. Maybe it's already too late.
Like Reply
(09-18-2019, 11:37 PM)Magickian Wrote: So this is what I was doing today, https://www.facebook.com/100030851870193/videos/180921022946292/ 

Wow, you are an overachiever! I listen to 91.3 periodically by the way. I'll have to check out your Friday show sometime.
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 08:40 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Wow, you are an overachiever! I listen to 91.3 periodically by the way. I'll have to check out your Friday show sometime.

haha thanks man... I appreciate you, but I am in Colorado... so I doubt you will pick up the station haha... but if you go to https://www.kmsa913fm.com/ there is an online stream for it. (plus my bio on the artist page..) we are updating the website too so it will look better and list our shows etc soon.
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 10:08 AM)Magickian Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 08:40 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Wow, you are an overachiever! I listen to 91.3 periodically by the way. I'll have to check out your Friday show sometime.

haha thanks man... I appreciate you, but I am in Colorado... so I doubt you will pick up the station haha... but if you go to https://www.kmsa913fm.com/ there is an online stream for it. (plus my bio on the artist page..) we are updating the website too so it will look better and list our shows etc soon.

LOL, I thought you meant 91.3 in DFW, which I think is connected to Calvary Chapel (a church organization).

Dude, I'm jealous, I need more Colorado in my life
Like Reply

That is quite the big plate you got there! 

Like Clutch said, you've already gone above and beyond. This site is amazing its okay if you have to go MIA for a bit. Thank you again for everything.

(09-19-2019, 07:56 AM)robillionaire Wrote: The Maven seems to be a shady company if you do some research Just my two cents here, The Maven seems to be a somewhat shady company (they bought the SI brand 3 months ago) and before you know it they will turn around and sell the SI brand to somebody else who shutters the website just like what has happened with scout and 24/7 sports and fox sports next and all these other fledgling brands, and then once again it will be poof, bye bye community. I don't trust them. How many times do we have to go down this road jumping from company to company that eventually shutters and further splinters the community, this has been the failing model for the past 9 years, mavs fans who just want to talk about basketball need some stability in the form of an independent message board that is not connected to these organizations or one individual's personal financial success. 

We can have the community select a couple fair and willing mods, it's not too busy yet so we probably don't need all that many, maybe expand as it becomes necessary, and then maybe write a basic FAQ with some simple common sense forum rules. Oh and we have to put our heads together and come up with a forum name and URL. Other than that we just kick back and talk about mavs basketball like always and let the good times roll. We can't rely on Magickian to do all this himself as he has a busy life, it has to be community driven 

I dunno, just an idea, not sure how everybody else is feeling. Maybe it's already too late.

Well we certainly have quite a lot of activity already on this board and we're at least a month away before any Mavs basketball, so I'd say we're still a strong community.

I agree with you. The constant moves from company to company has always been puzzling to me. If I was Fish, I'd have tried to make my own independent site long ago, and that way he can post all he wants and boast about all his traffic and not be beholden to any other company. But hey, its Fish's life and I'm not going to sit here and critique how he ran his site, since it did provide me an awesome community to talk Mavs for the last decade. . Every other team has a dedicated forum that's independent and has lasted for decades at this point. I mean look at the Rockets and their forum. Its an absolute bustling place that's huge. The Mavs need something like that. And I feel like this board has the potential to do that since its independent and already has a strong group of posters.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 10:21 AM)SleepingHero Wrote:

That is quite the big plate you got there! 

Like Clutch said, you've already gone above and beyond. This site is amazing its okay if you have to go MIA for a bit. Thank you again for everything.

(09-19-2019, 07:56 AM)robillionaire Wrote: The Maven seems to be a shady company if you do some research Just my two cents here, The Maven seems to be a somewhat shady company (they bought the SI brand 3 months ago) and before you know it they will turn around and sell the SI brand to somebody else who shutters the website just like what has happened with scout and 24/7 sports and fox sports next and all these other fledgling brands, and then once again it will be poof, bye bye community. I don't trust them. How many times do we have to go down this road jumping from company to company that eventually shutters and further splinters the community, this has been the failing model for the past 9 years, mavs fans who just want to talk about basketball need some stability in the form of an independent message board that is not connected to these organizations or one individual's personal financial success. 

Well we certainly have quite a lot of activity already on this board and we're at least a month away before any Mavs basketball, so I'd say we're still a strong community.

I agree with you. The constant moves from company to company has always been puzzling to me. If I was Fish, I'd have tried to make my own independent site long ago, and that way he can post all he wants and boast about all his traffic and not be beholden to any other company. But hey, its Fish's life and I'm not going to sit here and critique how he ran his site, since it did provide me an awesome community to talk Mavs for the last decade. . Every other team has a dedicated forum that's independent and has lasted for decades at this point. I mean look at the Rockets and their forum. Its an absolute bustling place that's huge. The Mavs need something like that. And I feel like this board has the potential to do that since its independent and already has a strong group of posters.
Nailed it...
Like Reply
Seems a couple of threads pertaining to the transition have disappeared from Maven...

Huh
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 07:56 AM)robillionaire Wrote: Just my two cents here, The Maven seems to be a somewhat shady company (they bought the SI brand 3 months ago) and before you know it they will turn around and sell the SI brand to somebody else who shutters the website just like what has happened with scout and 24/7 sports and fox sports next and all these other fledgling brands, and then once again it will be poof, bye bye community. I don't trust them. How many times do we have to go down this road jumping from company to company that eventually shutters and further splinters the community, this has been the failing model for the past 9 years, mavs fans who just want to talk about basketball need some stability in the form of an independent message board that is not connected to these organizations or one individual's personal financial success. 

I am beginning to be 100% in your camp on this. This whole thing is SUPER sketchy right now and frankly not sure I am interested in being connected to it in any way.

Quote:[i]Sports Illustrated[/i] is now in the hands of James Heckman, the founder of Scout.com, a sports media company whose business model relies on unpaid and underpaid labor, and Ross Levinsohn, a former Tronc executive who has twice been sued for workplace sexual misconduct, as NPR reported last year.

I really, really hope this site Magick put together stays independent, but like you I fear it might be too late. It seems like something happened over night and we aren't being told what.
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 12:58 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I am beginning to be 100% in your camp on this. This whole thing is SUPER sketchy right now and frankly not sure I am interested in being connected to it in any way.

I really, really hope this site Magick put together stays independent, but like you I fear it might be too late. It seems like something happened over night and we aren't being told what.

Kam, why do you say something happened last night?
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 01:31 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 12:58 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I am beginning to be 100% in your camp on this. This whole thing is SUPER sketchy right now and frankly not sure I am interested in being connected to it in any way.

Not speaking for Kamm directly bit this move came out of nowhere hinge him saying last night...if I'm wrong Kamm can clarify...
Like Reply
(09-19-2019, 01:44 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 01:31 PM)fifteenth Wrote:

Not speaking for Kamm directly bit this move came out of nowhere hinge him saying last night...if I'm wrong Kamm can clarify...

What move?
Like Reply