Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Mike Fisher and Maven/SI
I haven't agreed with everything Fish does.  Banning some members like Robo, BDL,..etc. really caused me to seriously consider quitting, but then I stayed on.  However, Fish does bleed Mavs and Cowboys.  Hope he is able to pivot around.  I didn't even realize this board existed as I kept going to the other board and it looked like a total mess with very few posters.
Like Reply
(10-09-2019, 10:17 PM)hakeemfan Wrote: I haven't agreed with everything Fish does.  Banning some members like Robo, BDL,..etc. really caused me to seriously consider quitting, but then I stayed on.  However, Fish does bleed Mavs and Cowboys.  Hope he is able to pivot around.  I didn't even realize this board existed as I kept going to the other board and it looked like a total mess with very few posters.

And now we're back so it all worked out.
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
My plan was to post both places, but with Matt boy's salty response, I don't think they really need me over there.

I may still lurk, but we'll see.  Kind of ticked me off and I snarked back, but deleted it and went more mild.

It's sad... I've been there for almost two decades, but, oh well.... When you go big time,  you don't really need little people like me, I guess.
Like Reply
(10-11-2019, 07:50 AM)TXBamanut Wrote: My plan was to post both places, but with Matt boy's salty response, I don't think they really need me over there.

I may still lurk, but we'll see.  Kind of ticked me off and I snarked back, but deleted it and went more mild.

It's sad... I've been there for almost two decades, but, oh well.... When you go big time,  you don't really need little people like me, I guess.

Is this version of SI really big time though?
Like Reply
Smile 
(10-11-2019, 07:50 AM)TXBamanut Wrote: My plan was to post both places, but with Matt boy's salty response, I don't think they really need me over there.

What was the response you got over there? 
And yeah, i keep going over there and just to check daily, and nothing is happening there anymore. That places is desolate; i am not even sure what is going to happen to the FQDN or when 247 will remove that from its server once it realizes there is little to no traffic there.
This board is great. All the members that would post over there have gravitated over here and we got Clutch here so its all good.  Smile
Like Reply
(10-11-2019, 09:50 AM)iolide Wrote:

And yeah, i keep going over there and just to check daily, and nothing is happening there anymore. That places is desolate; i am not even sure what is going to happen to the FQDN or when 247 will remove that from its server once it realizes there is little to no traffic there.
This board is great. All the members that would post over there have gravitated over here and we got Clutch here so its all good.  Smile

Man I've seen communities get destroyed with a software upgrade. I've been hanging with Fish and DB.com for 8 years. I wish Fish well with this move, but it's a disaster. The new site is NOT a good experience. It's soo difficult to follow a discussion.

I really feel like Fish got bait and switched by "SI" I hope it doesn't end as it is.
Like Reply

I guess upon thinking about even more since posting this, it wasn’t that snarky of a response.   I told them that this was pretty much what everyone had wanted, so just link of there and problem solved with trying to fix the community.

Matt Galatzan posted “Congratulations, have fun over there.  We aren’t posting a link.”  That hit me wrong.

Sooooo...
Like Reply
Well, I did (for the most part) like the articles by Fish and Co. That with the excellent board made it a one-stop for a daily Mavs fix. Even though I rarely went to the premium board, I still kept sending in my contribution to keep it up and running. That's stopped as of yesterday.

I'm liking this site better, we just need the season to get started to pull in more of the DB.com traffic. Do we expect any of Fish's core contributors to be a regular here?
Like Reply
(10-11-2019, 01:22 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Well, I did (for the most part) like the articles by Fish and Co. That with the excellent board made it a one-stop for a daily Mavs fix. Even though I rarely went to the premium board, I still kept sending in my contribution to keep it up and running. That's stopped as of yesterday.

I'm liking this site better, we just need the season to get started to pull in more of the DB.com traffic. Do we expect any of Fish's core contributors to be a regular here?

I'm still curious about DLord.

He registered here but hasn't posted anything yet. But he didn't participate at Maven either, so I hope he will join this place sooner or later.
Like Reply
(10-11-2019, 03:12 PM)WillE Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 01:22 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Well, I did (for the most part) like the articles by Fish and Co. That with the excellent board made it a one-stop for a daily Mavs fix. Even though I rarely went to the premium board, I still kept sending in my contribution to keep it up and running. That's stopped as of yesterday.

He registered here but hasn't posted anything yet. But he didn't participate at Maven either, so I hope he will join this place sooner or later.

Think Fish mentioned that his "75-member" staff is entirely moving over to SI/Maven.
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply
I too am really hoping DLord will continue to be a big part of our Maverick community. He has always provided really good information and insight. It won't be the same without him.

I hope he posts on Maven sometimes and contributes here as well. I am sure there are reasons why he is not currently active though I have no clue what the reasons might be.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
(10-11-2019, 12:40 PM)TXBamanut Wrote:

I guess upon thinking about even more since posting this, it wasn’t that snarky of a response.   I told them that this was pretty much what everyone had wanted, so just link of there and problem solved with trying to fix the community.

Matt Galatzan posted “Congratulations, have fun over there.  We aren’t posting a link.”  That hit me wrong.

Sooooo...

He also hit wrong on me already, but that post was already deleted. (Btw: @Clutch what did you answer back then?)

He's seems to be fed up about frustrated users and is not afraid to show that. This way he earned my disinterest already though.

(10-11-2019, 03:19 PM)Reunion Mav Wrote: I too am really hoping DLord will continue to be a big part of our Maverick community. He has always provided really good information and insight. It won't be the same without him.

I hope he posts on Maven sometimes and contributes here as well. I am sure there are reasons why he is not currently active though I have no clue what the reasons might be.

He seems to be the only one, who hasn't contributed over there yet. If it's because of the sh***y Maven conditions then stay strong DLord!
Like Reply
(10-04-2019, 07:40 PM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: EGDpX8BU4AAC-qh?format=jpg&name=small]

https://twitter.com/mikefinger/status/11...7087711238

Why is Fish hitching his wagon to a failing Sports Illustrated venture?
Like Reply
(10-11-2019, 05:11 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Why is Fish hitching his wagon to a failing Sports Illustrated venture?

I would speculate that the answer is the same as the answer to 99% of questions in western Civilization:

$$$
Like Reply
(10-11-2019, 05:14 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 05:11 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Why is Fish hitching his wagon to a failing Sports Illustrated venture?

I would speculate that the answer is the same as the answer to 99% of questions in western Civilization:

$$$

Tough world for writers out there. 
He basically he has 4 part time jobs with no real security at any of them. Even worse for the younger guys
Like Reply
(10-11-2019, 05:26 PM)Jym Wrote:

$$$

He basically he has 4 part time jobs with no real security at any of them. Even worse for the younger guys

True, but hey - life's tough for most of us.

"He who does not move with the times, will be removed over time."
Like Reply
I would like to hear something from Fish himself. At one point he actually made a post on this board and tried to explain the situation but that was a few weeks ago.
Lack of communication has been my biggest when it comes to him and his staff.
Nobody can tell me that he doesn´t know about the complains against SI or our dislike for the design of his Maven forum (comment section). Is he not allowed to adress the topic because of his contract with SI? Is he simply ignoring the community?
Like Reply
(10-11-2019, 05:38 PM)WillE Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 05:26 PM)Jym Wrote:

$$$

True, but hey - life's tough for most of us.

"He who does not move with the times, will be removed over time."

Yeah youd think he could find a full time on air spot at a station, but I guess he's settled in and doesn't want to move off to wherever he could find that
Like Reply
(10-11-2019, 05:45 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I would like to hear something from Fish himself. At one point he actually made a post on this board and tried to explain the situation but that was a few weeks ago.
Lack of communication has been my biggest when it comes to him and his staff.
Nobody can tell me that he doesn´t know about the complains against SI or our dislike for the design of his Maven forum (comment section). Is he not allowed to adress the topic because of his contract with SI? Is he simply ignoring the community?

I'm almost sure he's not allowed.

He wrote he reached out individually to various members and he made at least an attempt to explain - so he's pretty much aware.

These Maven folks knew what they were heading at with SI and therefore probably had some fitting legal clauses already drafted to protect their business. So everybody under contract will stay on mute.
Like Reply
(10-11-2019, 03:12 PM)WillE Wrote:

Has anybody seen DanSchwartzgan? He had almost as much basketball business expertise as DLord. I had hoped at least he would follow the community over here. Anybody know him personally? If so, you should invite him to come over here.
Like Reply