Posts: 20,882
Threads: 697
Likes Received: 10,412 in 5,544 posts
Likes Given: 6,338
Likes Received: 10,412 in 5,544 posts
Likes Given: 6,338
Joined: Sep 2019
(10-11-2022, 09:02 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...4479245312
I honestly don't hate the move.
I liked Facu a lot before he came into the NBA. I hoped the Mavs would've been the ones to snag him. His time in Denver cooled me a bit, but I think Campazzo will instantly be the 2nd best creator on the team. His passing is Rubio-esque. His main issues will be how he affects spacing. He can't score a lick it seems.
I wonder how much better he'll be placed around 3-4 spot up shooters at all times, but I'm preparing for teams to treat him like Ben Simmons on offense.
His defense is solid for a sub 6ft guy. He's so tenacious that it borders on dirty. Lets hope he solves that creation issue we have on the bench.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Posts: 2,469
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 2,124 in 1,059 posts
Likes Given: 536
Likes Received: 2,124 in 1,059 posts
Likes Given: 536
Joined: Oct 2021
(10-12-2022, 12:38 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I honestly don't hate the move.
I liked Facu a lot before he came into the NBA. I hoped the Mavs would've been the ones to snag him. His time in Denver cooled me a bit, but I think Campazzo will instantly be the 2nd best creator on the team. His passing is Rubio-esque. His main issues will be how he affects spacing. He can't score a lick it seems.
I wonder how much better he'll be placed around 3-4 spot up shooters at all times, but I'm preparing for teams to treat him like Ben Simmons on offense.
His defense is solid for a sub 6ft guy. He's so tenacious that it borders on dirty. Lets hope he solves that creation issue we have on the bench.
I don't hate this move either.
Facundo is a very active player even though he's short. He moves up and down the court at full speed. And I expect he will be a slightly better player here than he was in Denver given that we have several big men now that will make good targets on the P&R.
Posts: 21,274
Threads: 71
Likes Received: 14,209 in 7,262 posts
Likes Given: 14,643
Likes Received: 14,209 in 7,262 posts
Likes Given: 14,643
Joined: Aug 2020
(10-12-2022, 08:53 AM)Winter Wrote: I don't hate this move either.
Facundo is a very active player even though he's short. He moves up and down the court at full speed. And I expect he will be a slightly better player here than he was in Denver given that we have several big men now that will make good targets on the P&R.
Absolutely.
He's not the guy who can fill in for Brunson or Dinwiddie from last year to reassemble the three-headed monster, but as a Burke replacement who plays every now and again when needed I feel like most people here will like him. He certainly can't approach Burke from a shooting or scoring perspective, but on the other had he plays defense and is quite a bit more team-oriented on offense.
Posts: 2,469
Threads: 2
Likes Received: 1,365 in 815 posts
Likes Given: 423
Likes Received: 1,365 in 815 posts
Likes Given: 423
Joined: Sep 2019
Facundo is a tenacious tactical mastermind. What’s not to like.
Posts: 10,950
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 5,007 in 2,880 posts
Likes Given: 407
Likes Received: 5,007 in 2,880 posts
Likes Given: 407
Joined: Sep 2019
Is he Meli but a foot shorter?
Posts: 9,004
Threads: 12
Likes Received: 5,041 in 2,675 posts
Likes Given: 1,417
Likes Received: 5,041 in 2,675 posts
Likes Given: 1,417
Joined: Sep 2019
10-12-2022, 05:27 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2022, 05:36 PM by dirkfansince1998.)
(10-12-2022, 05:15 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Facundo is a tenacious tactical mastermind. What’s not to like.
Based on +/- numbers he might be the worst player in the league.
Posts: 7,825
Threads: 72
Likes Received: 1,771 in 1,227 posts
Likes Given: 2,772
Likes Received: 1,771 in 1,227 posts
Likes Given: 2,772
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 9,004
Threads: 12
Likes Received: 5,041 in 2,675 posts
Likes Given: 1,417
Likes Received: 5,041 in 2,675 posts
Likes Given: 1,417
Joined: Sep 2019
(10-12-2022, 05:31 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: He is the third member of Tenacious D.
https://giphy.com/gifs/bay-argument-aZmD30dCFaPXG
Makes sense if he wants to play next to Wonderboy.
Posts: 4,488
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 624 in 331 posts
Likes Given: 626
Likes Received: 624 in 331 posts
Likes Given: 626
Joined: Sep 2019
(10-12-2022, 05:24 PM)cow Wrote: Is he Meli but a foot shorter?
Posts: 2,497
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 1,658 in 643 posts
Likes Given: 1,453
Likes Received: 1,658 in 643 posts
Likes Given: 1,453
Joined: Oct 2019
(10-12-2022, 05:24 PM)cow Wrote: Is he Meli but a foot shorter?
Mini Melli Mania? Sign me up.
Posts: 10,950
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 5,007 in 2,880 posts
Likes Given: 407
Likes Received: 5,007 in 2,880 posts
Likes Given: 407
Joined: Sep 2019
(10-12-2022, 08:02 PM)Tyler Wrote: Mini Melli Mania? Sign me up.
I need to know if Campazzo chest rug is as glorious as Meli's before I get excited.
Posts: 20,882
Threads: 697
Likes Received: 10,412 in 5,544 posts
Likes Given: 6,338
Likes Received: 10,412 in 5,544 posts
Likes Given: 6,338
Joined: Sep 2019
10-12-2022, 11:10 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2022, 11:10 PM by SleepingHero.)
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Posts: 7,893
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 1,739 in 1,237 posts
Likes Given: 1,722
Likes Received: 1,739 in 1,237 posts
Likes Given: 1,722
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 2,399
Threads: 8
Likes Received: 1,445 in 833 posts
Likes Given: 4,119
Likes Received: 1,445 in 833 posts
Likes Given: 4,119
Joined: Mar 2020
(10-13-2022, 12:18 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: ^^ Meh.......
Right. I'm really disappointed at how average I feel.
I expect to be completely elated, energized, and flat-out giddy over a team's 15th spot, veteran-minimum signing.
Like Antoine Rigaudeau, for example.
Posts: 12,092
Threads: 22
Likes Received: 7,151 in 4,017 posts
Likes Given: 453
Likes Received: 7,151 in 4,017 posts
Likes Given: 453
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 1,130
Threads: 12
Likes Received: 609 in 296 posts
Likes Given: 684
Likes Received: 609 in 296 posts
Likes Given: 684
Joined: Oct 2019
Dallas waiting on Detroit all this time to dump Kemba? Detroit waiting all this time on Dallas? The timing seems awfully suspicious to me.
Posts: 6,916
Threads: 11
Likes Received: 3,424 in 1,979 posts
Likes Given: 1,114
Likes Received: 3,424 in 1,979 posts
Likes Given: 1,114
Joined: Feb 2021
(10-14-2022, 02:03 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Dallas waiting on Detroit all this time to dump Kemba? Detroit waiting all this time on Dallas? The timing seems awfully suspicious to me.
Let´s hope so. Also curious to see who starts tonight.
Kidd singled out Hardy as impressing in practice again. My guess is the original plan was to start Green, now it might be Hardy. Basically the theory that Luka + four guys can play every team to a standstill and then we have a 2nd unit edge with Dinwiddie/THJ/Green/Kleber/Wood.
Posts: 4,913
Threads: 11
Likes Received: 5,802 in 2,502 posts
Likes Given: 5,294
Likes Received: 5,802 in 2,502 posts
Likes Given: 5,294
Joined: Nov 2020
(10-14-2022, 02:15 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: My guess is the original plan was to start Green, now it might be Hardy. .
I'm betting the plan was, and continues to be
Luka
SD
Bullock
DFS
McGee
Kidd mentioned that lineup very early in July, then made it clearer for those who didn't get it, and keeps saying it. They have been doing jinky things with the lineup in preseason, so there's plenty of room to wonder where they're heading when the season starts, but if we're taking a poll as to who will be the 5th starter, my money's on SD.
Posts: 6,435
Threads: 27
Likes Received: 2,477 in 1,393 posts
Likes Given: 7,790
Likes Received: 2,477 in 1,393 posts
Likes Given: 7,790
Joined: Sep 2019
(10-14-2022, 02:03 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Dallas waiting on Detroit all this time to dump Kemba? Detroit waiting all this time on Dallas? The timing seems awfully suspicious to me.
Let's cut Theo or Powell and sign Kemba.
If Detroit cut Kemba after we made a verbal commitment to Facu just to make us look bad, screw them.
Posts: 761
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 1,256 in 465 posts
Likes Given: 1,662
Likes Received: 1,256 in 465 posts
Likes Given: 1,662
Joined: Aug 2021
Or has Frankie fallen out of favor enough to cut his NG salary for Kemba?
Just feels like we hear stuff about Josh, Hardy, etc but I don't recall hearing anything about Frankie from interviews, etc, and he didn't seem to shine when given the chance in the pre-season games.
|