Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 5 Playoffs 2024: Oklahoma City Thunder (2-2) vs. Dallas Mavericks (2-2)
(05-15-2024, 09:29 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Gafford can’t guard anyone. I’m really disappointed in him.

Without Maxi we need him to eat minutes. Lively will be in down the stretch.
Like Reply
Well it isn’t going to be easy. Expect a up and down game.

Really happy how Luka came out. I think we have 4 out of 5 to close the game. jones is probably 5 but we will see. Need a few players besides those 5 to step up in the second half
Like Reply
(05-15-2024, 09:27 PM)RGP1981 Wrote: HOLY FECK, Josh Green?! Are you unable to even get past Isaiah Joe to the hoop? I thought Aussies were supposed to be fearless, lol.

They need to go at Joe when he’s in the game. Timmy has done a nice job of it. I know Joe’s advanced stats say he’s an ok defender but doesn’t pass the eye test to me.
Like Reply
Nothing from PJ and Kyrie thus far.
Like Reply
The new-look, Giddeyless Thunder are getting better looks than they have been throughout the series, they’re just missing too many of them.

Luka is looking a little more like himself. Hopefully that lasts the entire game.

I don’t think Gafford is as playable now that the OKC rotation has shortened. I would lean pretty hard on lively, myself.

No idea what happens next.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • rocky164
Like Reply
I have felt all along that we are the superior team. We just need to not waste possessions on offense and give them fast break opportunities.
[-] The following 2 users Like MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • KillerLeft, RGP1981
Like Reply
(05-15-2024, 09:32 PM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: They need to go at Joe when he’s in the game. Timmy has done a nice job of it. I know Joe’s advanced stats say he’s an ok defender but doesn’t pass the eye test to me.

I think Joe is doing quite well on defense TBH. He's supposed to be "just a shooter" but he's not letting Kyrie get easy looks when he's been defending Kyrie. I would much rather have Joe's defense and shooting coming off the bench rather than THJ's defense and shooting.

Josh Green should have done better on that drive opportunity which ended in a turnover though, he's just too timid on offense.
Like Reply
(05-15-2024, 09:34 PM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: I have felt all along that we are the superior team. We just need to not waste possessions on offense and give them fast break opportunities.

…agree, but they’ve already wasted so many offensive possessions. The lead should be bigger.
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(05-15-2024, 09:32 PM)GATA Wrote: Nothing from PJ and Kyrie thus far.

It’s on the coaching to scheme them open. Jalen Williams is really locking Kyrie up.
Like Reply
(05-15-2024, 09:35 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: …agree, but they’ve already wasted so many offensive possessions. The lead should be bigger.

Reminds me of last game. They need to keep mixing in post ups. And pick on Joe.
Like Reply
(05-15-2024, 09:35 PM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: It’s on the coaching to scheme them open. Jalen Williams is really locking Kyrie up.

To be fair. I thought hand-checking was banned in the early 00s but what I am seeing is Williams hand on Irving's hip on every single possession. If the Mavs try the same vs SGA he is shooting 15+ FTs.
Like Reply
That one possession they ran through PJ in the post led to a double team and an open corner three. He doesn’t get credit around here yet, but he almost always makes the right read and a nice pass.

I’d lean into that a little.

Kyrie looking great, but conservative, as has become his first half tradition.
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
I thought Kyrie had a couple of miracle iso finishes and a much needed stare down corner three. I’m not sure what you guys are complaining about.
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(05-15-2024, 09:38 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: That one possession they ran through PJ in the post led to a double team and an open corner three. He doesn’t credit around here yet, but he almost always makes the right read and a nice pass.

I’d lean into that a little.

Kyrie looking great, but conservative, as has become his first half tradition.

Seemed to me that Kidd prioritised getting Kyrie his rest that half too. Could be my imagination. Hopefully he’s fresh for the 2nd.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(05-15-2024, 09:40 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I thought Kyrie had a couple of miracle iso finishes and a much needed stare down corner three. I’m not sure what you guys are complaining about.

Too passive. Not enough dribble penetration. But as I stated. Easier said than done. He has to work super hard for everything. Basically playing 90s ball where bigger defenders could just use their hands to stay in front of guards like Kyrie.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft, RGP1981
Like Reply
Just checked and Kai played 18 and Luka 21. Bodes well for the 2nd half.
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(05-15-2024, 09:35 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: …agree, but they’ve already wasted so many offensive possessions. The lead should be bigger.

Again. OKC seems to give themselves momentum very very well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reunion Mav's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(05-15-2024, 09:43 PM)Reunion Mav Wrote: Again. OKC seems to give themselves momentum very very well.

Good home crowd, too
Like Reply
I don't mean to pick on Josh Green but he needs to be more fearless and selfless, in this way... he needs to stop worrying about how it will look if he misses and focus on driving hard to the rim when he gets a chance to, and come away with either the points or a foul from one of their better players.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RGP1981's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Lively only 9 minutes to Gafford 15. They need to flip that and then some. Gaff and PJ each have two fouls. Lively only has one.
  • rocky164
Like Reply