Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: 76ers Believe They Have A Shot at PG13
One thing to note in a 3 for 1 Ayton trade. We need to fill even more roster spots.
Like Reply
I don't think Ayton is on the table for us.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 01:19 AM)cow Wrote: I don't think Ayton is on the table for us.

KAT is probably more available and a better fit. But that future money is scary
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 12:09 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Hmmmm…IGT might get his wish.

https://twitter.com/scoopb/status/1675002496161402880?s=61&t=Zmns3TEXDYnIJIXeN05-eQ

I’d assume THJ is gone gone for sure if even this interest is true, let alone a signing.

RIP to next season if we sign this garbage
Like Reply
just pick some more low cost centers, we are blowing the heck out of high prices https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH7vl_iuY_k

Yurtseven, Bamba, Azabuike, Robinson, all look like they have potential and they are super cheap now, especially if we start to see cap space disappear.
Like Reply
Moves made by other teams for the kind of players that I think would have fit well with Luka and whose contracts were cheap:

Herb Jones - 4 years @ 54M
Naz Reid - 3 years @ 42M
Gabe Vincent - 3 years @ 33M
Jevon Carter - 3 years @ 20M
Keita Bates-Diop - 2 years @ 5M
Yuta Watanabe - 1 year @ Veteran Minimum
Troy Brown Jr - 1 year @ Veteran Minimum
Cam Reddish - 2 years @ Veteran Minimum... he has been disappointing but at this price I think it is a good punt.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 01:28 AM)Jym Wrote: KAT is probably more available and a better fit. But that future money is scary

Better fit how exactly? This team literally doesn't need anymore offense. And one thing it especially doesn't need is anymore players with character concerns and queries about work ethic and motivation. I think the focus on character guys in the draft is a straight attempt to address the fact the locker room was if not toxic, an unenjoyable place to be last season, hence Luka's end of season comments.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 04:53 AM)Dundalis Wrote: Better fit how exactly? This team literally doesn't need anymore offense. And one thing it especially doesn't need is anymore players with character concerns and queries about work ethic and motivation. I think the focus on character guys in the draft is a straight attempt to address the fact the locker room was if not toxic, an unenjoyable place to be last season, hence Luka's end of season comments.

Better fit long term, in that he could in theory be on the court with Omax and Lively.
No chance Ayton and Lively would be able to play consistent minutes together

And sure there's a lot of concerns there. There's going to be valid reason(s) when people move off of their franchise level players on long term deals.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 09:23 PM)MFFL Wrote: Hardy might be on the move for a big trade

If it's for a superstar sure. But you just brought in a bunch of young defensive guys. If things don't work out the way the team plans, Hardy is the guy you really want to keep and develop properly and not have progress stoppers in front of him. I'd keep him over Josh all day everyday. Hardy's still raw but I think his skillset is actually pretty rare. Josh Green's don't necessarily grow on trees but you can find much more with his skillset.

IMO Hardy is the guy that makes Kyrie very expendable in 1-2 years if things go south there and Hardy tracks the way he is projecting.
[-] The following 2 users Like Dundalis's post:
  • BigDirk41, MFFL
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 01:30 AM)Branduil Wrote: RIP to next season if we sign this garbage
Such drama.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 05:39 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Such drama.

Yeah, that's what's gonna happen if you put Kyrie, Luka, and "Gimme 20 shots I'm feeling good about breaking 50% TS today" Brooks on the floor together
Like Reply
Right now we have no high level big man floor spacer. Without Wood you loose a ton of perimeter spacing from the PF/C spot. Kleber is a solid catch and shoot guy but that’s it, he’s mostly a standstill shooter. The rest has absolutely zero range (Powell, Lively). Holmes at least has a floater but that’s nothing compared to a pick and pop anchor like KAT.

The point to care about our payroll and build a team properly is long gone. We’ve screwed that up somewhere around 2018-2021. Now that you’ve gone full Kyrie you might as well blow up the payroll obscenely.

I just hope Cuban doesn’t cheap out again.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 05:54 AM)Branduil Wrote: Yeah, that's what's gonna happen if you put Kyrie, Luka, and "Gimme 20 shots I'm feeling good about breaking 50% TS today" Brooks on the floor together
“I don’t believe you”

(07-01-2023, 06:12 AM)JamesConway912 Wrote: Right now we have no high level big man floor spacer. Without Wood you loose a ton of perimeter spacing from the PF/C spot. Kleber is a solid catch and shoot guy but that’s it, he’s mostly a standstill shooter. The rest has absolutely zero range (Powell, Lively). Holmes at least has a floater but that’s nothing compared to a pick and pop anchor like KAT.

The point to care about our payroll and build a team properly is long gone. We’ve screwed that up somewhere around 2018-2021. Now that you’ve gone full Kyrie you might as well blow up the payroll obscenely.

I just hope Cuban doesn’t cheap out again.
Al Horford.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 05:12 AM)Dundalis Wrote: If it's for a superstar sure. But you just brought in a bunch of young defensive guys. If things don't work out the way the team plans, Hardy is the guy you really want to keep and develop properly and not have progress stoppers in front of him. I'd keep him over Josh all day everyday. Hardy's still raw but I think his skillset is actually pretty rare. Josh Green's don't necessarily grow on trees but you can find much more with his skillset.

IMO Hardy is the guy that makes Kyrie very expendable in 1-2 years if things go south there and Hardy tracks the way he is projecting.

I agree. But if there's a trade for one of the top tier players then Hardy will probably be involved. And I like the kid a lot - I want to see him succeed here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
https://hoopshype.com/2023/06/30/spurs-t...-involved/

Strus S&T involving the Spurs?
Like Reply
Just wanted to drop in and say how happy I am this off-season. Last offseason I was probably unbearable to some and I apologize. My outlook for the team is completely different now. Nico (and Lindsey?) have killed it this time around.

Adding Lively, OMax & Holmes A+++
Getting the top free agent in Kyrie on a team friendly deal A+++
Bringing back Seth with the BAE A++

What to do with the MLE?  Brooks is the only UFA rumored?
SnT of THJ/Reggie options?  GWill, PJ, Thybulle, Bridges?
How do they dump McGee?  Send to MIL after they lose Lopez?
Is Powell more than vet Min?
[-] The following 5 users Like Smitty's post:
  • BigDirk41, Chicagojk, F Gump, Reunion Mav, Tyler
Like Reply
That seems a lot

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/16751...16865?s=61&t=-aAylloVlVRI2-DRvoajoA
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 07:55 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: That seems a lot

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/16751...16865?s=61&t=-aAylloVlVRI2-DRvoajoA

I guess shooters get paid is still a thing. Even with the new CBA.

Heat are up to something. Letting Strus and Vincent go. Trading Oladipo. Harden incoming?
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 08:02 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I guess shooters get paid is still a thing. Even with the new CBA.

Heat are up to something. Letting Strus and Vincent go. Trading Oladipo. Harden incoming?

I think droppingdimes20 said Dame to MIA?
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 08:03 AM)Smitty Wrote: I think droppingdimes20 said Dame to MIA?

So then, why’d they re-sign Grant?

Unless it’s not really a tear-down. Dame for Butler?
Like Reply