Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 6.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
89.47%
17 89.47%
Kings
10.53%
2 10.53%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 23: SAC (9-13) @ DAL (16-7) | 106-110 loss
You can't blame refs every time the Mavs lose. This is a game Mavs should have won easily. No Fox or Bagley. 

Slow down Hield and you probably win this game; how many open looks did he get tonight? Holmes also had too many easy 2nd chance baskets. Lazy defense. 

Carlisle also invested 36 minutes in two promising youngsters in Seth and Barea, who combined for 3/10 from the field. 

Luka was 3/12 from three tonight, bad shot selection, and also 6 bad turnovers. Dug ourselves in too big of a hole. Onto the next one.
Like Reply
So, was a good game to watch.
Loss goes on super bad D in first half.
It was good 2ndH and credits to mavs for fighting back.
Refs helped SAC a lot, It's difficult to understand why.
Tim is becoming gem on both ends of court.
Mavs have to learn from this game, effort and D should be subject.
Lets go to next game!
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 09:24 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Luka was 3/12 from three tonight, bad shot selection, and also 6 bad turnovers.

Mavs owe us a win at the Bucks for this stinker. Smile
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 09:24 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: You can't blame refs every time the Mavs lose. This is a game Mavs should have won easily. No Fox or Bagley. 

Slow down Hield and you probably win this game; how many open looks did he get tonight? Holmes also had too many easy 2nd chance baskets. Lazy defense. 

Carlisle also invested 36 minutes in two promising youngsters in Seth and Barea, who combined for 3/10 from the field. 

Luka was 3/12 from three tonight, bad shot selection, and also 6 bad turnovers. Dug ourselves in too big of a hole. Onto the next one.
Well, Barea had 5 assists in 19 minutes, which is not bad.  I can't put any blame on Barea for this loss.  Now, I might agree on Seth.
Like Reply
Bench only had 18 points. Bad start lost it, not enough effort.
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 09:20 PM)mtrot Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 09:18 PM)luka_skywalker_77 Wrote: Stat of the game: Mavs shot 8 free throws.
True, but the Kings only shot 11, so the disparity is not that great.

Hard to foul when you play no defense for 3 quarters.
Like Reply
Now we have Detroit which is a tough match-up for us as their two best players are strong PF/C guys. Than 5 best East teams. I hope we don't get into a losing streak. Next game is extremely important.
Like Reply
Seth Curry was terrible.  I thought he single handily lost this game.  

With the Mavs coming back down 12 toward the end of the 3rd quarter, he was hard to watch.  All were empty possessions due to Seth.  On one he dribbled out the shot clock then pass it at the end forcing Luka to pull from way behind the three point line.  Next position still down 12 he miss wildly on a three.  Next possession still down 12 miss open layup. 

Next possession he gave up a big basket to end any momentum the Mavs had.
Like Reply
Seth Curry played horrible.

Luka had a bad game by his rediculous standards, he didn't flow at all, bad body language, slower than usual. 

Still good obviously!

Hardaway and Jackson we're good.

Barea lead the Mavs as a venomous and toxic nasty, destroying the king's confidence.
Like Reply
I'm not panicking, the level we'd been playing recently isn't sustainable and it just kind of felt like we were due a loss. That's just kind of the nature of the regular season, though a win here would have been nice because the rest of our December schedule is largely a murderer's row after our next game against the Pistons
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 09:29 PM)mtrot Wrote: might agree on Seth

Fuerza hates Seth whether he plays well or not
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 09:29 PM)mtrot Wrote: Well, Barea had 5 assists in 19 minutes, which is not bad.  I can't put any blame on Barea for this loss.  Now, I might agree on Seth.

None of those assists were anything noteworthy except the spin move with Powell cutting to the basket (EDIT: forgot the CLee 3, that was nice). We needed more shot creation when Luka/THJ were on the bench 

Don't let the +/- fool ya either. The Mavs were down 14 pts going into the 4Q. When Luka checked back in at the 7 min mark, the Mavs were still down 14 pts. There was zero spark off the bench. Barea got his assists with the starters.
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 09:34 PM)MrGoat Wrote: I'm not panicking, the level we'd been playing recently isn't sustainable and it just kind of felt like we were due a loss. That's just kind of the nature of the regular season, though a win here would have been nice because the rest of our December schedule is largely a murderer's row after our next game against the Pistons

Mavs just came out of 3 games in 4 nights (which they won all) and lost close in the 2nd night of a b2b (2nd b2b in close proximity).

I think that's really good.

Game has shown how important Delon is though.

And I hope Luka learns he can't play video games all night.
Like Reply
On the positive side, the Mavs protected their point differential stat.

THJ had an awesome, efficient scoring night.

KP made some nice moves and had good physical rebounds at the end.

That's about it...
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 09:34 PM)MrGoat Wrote: I'm not panicking
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I was really expecting more from Curry this year. He's been disappointing to me personally. He's a good player, but I was really hoping he would play like he did for Portland in the playoffs. That version of Curry was decisive and played smart. He'll always be a good shooter, but I guess that's really all he is. I hope he can get more consistent for us.
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 09:42 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I was really expecting more from Curry this year. He's been disappointing to me personally. He's a good player, but I was really hoping he would play like he did for Portland in the playoffs. That version of Curry was decisive and played smart. He'll always be a good shooter, but I guess that's really all he is. I hope he can get more consistent for us.

Not sure why so many people overvalue his playoff performances. Y'all do realize he shot 36% from the field in the playoffs? 40% from three but yeah that's his lone specialty; 6 ppg, 2 rpg, 1 apg. Nothing noteworthy.
Like Reply
It's so fitting that this game ends with only 1 action to watch on the court, by 3 referees, and as CLEAR a foul call, that is called all the time...one of the most transparent bush league things...the elbow tap...that has been a point of emphasis for referees before in this league...

Goes uncalled.

Fire ALL of these morons.  There's nothing that I hate more than NBA officiating.... Its one thing to miss a call that's a tough call to make, but that was a clear, CLEAR foul to anyone in the stands, unbiased.

To have to use a charge on Jackson's shot...
To shoot 8 FTS with the COMPLETELY ignored calls in that game...

I don't care if we would have won at the end, I'd still say this.  The NBA officating crews are about as incompetent as I have ever seen...

Whether it's ignoring LeBron just picking up the ball and walking with it...or Dwight Howard just bear-hugging Seth Curry....
Or just being COMPLETELY ignorant of a simple rule that the CASUAL FAN knows, like inbounding the ball off the freakin rim and not having anyone else on the floor touch it before you do....

I've seen it all, but even more, I've seen it all THIS SEASON.  It's not just an honest miss or an honest mistake, it's incompetence that they are getting 6 figures to fail at on national TV.

This is terrible.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 09:46 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 09:42 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I was really expecting more from Curry this year. He's been disappointing to me personally. He's a good player, but I was really hoping he would play like he did for Portland in the playoffs. That version of Curry was decisive and played smart. He'll always be a good shooter, but I guess that's really all he is. I hope he can get more consistent for us.

Not sure why so many people overvalue his playoff performances. Y'all do realize he shot 36% from the field in the playoffs? 40% from three but yeah that's his lone specialty; 6 ppg, 2 rpg, 1 apg. Nothing noteworthy.
More specifically the western conference finals. He really played well and was scoring a good amount. The previous series, he was about like now. I won't be disappointed if he gets traded. I'm not saying he should be, but he was given a chance for a bigger role here and didn't seize it. That's on him.
Like Reply
(12-08-2019, 09:24 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: You can't blame refs every time the Mavs lose. This is a game Mavs should have won easily. No Fox or Bagley. 

I can blame tonight, because there were calls all over the place.  At the end of the game, you've got 6 eyes looking at ONE ACTION on the floor...every person in the arena was looking at it and I'll wager that most of the people in the stadium actually SAW that hit and could have called that from their seat...but the folks getting 6 figures AND the best seats in the house can't see it?????  This wasn't a normal action where they don't know where the play is happening and it could come from anywhere...there's no doubt where it's coming from.

Would he have made the free throws?  That's a fair question...but I don't care, he SHOULD have been given the chance to make them but because of the refs incompetence or apathy for doing their job, he didn't get the chance to....and I'm not even getting to that nonsense with Harrison Barnes foul  on JJB or the fouls uncalled when Luka went to the basket over and over again and he was hacked clearly.  Good grief...

I can blame the BLAZERS loss on the refs.  There's no way that they had absolute visual evidence that Lillard didn't hit DFS's arm.

I blame the LAKERS loss on the refs.  There's NO EXCUSE not to call a foul in that situation....NO EXCUSE.

Look, the refs don't get a pass or get "X" amount of games where they can screw you over in amazing says, and then you can't complain anymore.

That's at least 2 and a far better than average 3 games that the Mavs lost CLEARLY on the backs of incompetent or apathetic or corrupt referees.  CLEARLY and I'm not backing off that for a second EVER.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply