Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 NBA Draft
(06-26-2024, 01:24 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: With all these Clingan rumors, he must've absolutely balled out in his workouts. Because frankly I don't see the appeal.

RIGHT???!!! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills reading/hearing all of this Clingan/Edey stuff. 

Sarr is the guy I'd want.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 01:12 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: All Things Mavs (@All_Things_Mavs)
Here is a full list of players confirmed to have pre-draft workouts with the Dallas Mavericks:

Harrison Ingram (UNC)
Blake Hinson (Pitt)
Jack Gohlke (Oakland)
Emmanuel Miller (TCU)
Anton Watson (Gonzaga)
Jaylin Williams (Auburn)
DJ Horne (NC State)
Fardaws Aimaq (Cal)
Taran Armstrong (Cairns Taipans)
Boo Buie (Northwestern)
Quinn Ellis (Trento)
Tristan Enaruna (Cleveland State)
DJ Jeffries (Mississippi State)
Daniss Jenkins (St John’s)
David Jones (Memphis)
Ilias Kamardine (JA Vichy)
Josh Oduro (Providence)
Drew Pember (UNC Asheville)
Mantas Rubstavicius (NZ Breakers)
Babacar Sane (GL Ignite)
Justin Webster (UNLV)
Moses Wood (Washington)
Jahmir Young (Maryland)

Wings in all shapes and forms. Lots of score first guards. As far as I can tell only one center.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
https://www.nba.com/news/2024-consensus-mock-draft
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
If you are wondering if the Mavs have plans to sneak into the end of round 1, with so many picks being made available, the indications are that the answer is no.

They aren't even inviting media to come watch round 1 of the draft (which is followed by interviews with the Mavs GM and others). Apparently they don't have plans to have anything to talk about tonight.

There is a media invite tomorrow for round 2.
[-] The following 2 users Like F Gump's post:
  • BigDirk41, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 05:20 PM)F Gump Wrote: If you are wondering if the Mavs have plans to sneak into the end of round 1, with so many picks being made available, the indications are that the answer is no.

They aren't even inviting media to come watch round 1 of the draft (which is followed by interviews with the Mavs GM and others). Apparently they don't have plans to have anything to talk about tonight.

I wouldn't blame them to be honest. Not sure what the angle is to get into the first round and be forced to pay the rookie scale to a guy who won't crack the rotation.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, F Gump
Like Reply
https://x.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1806094019539227095

I hope Luka is going to cook all of these rooks. This is why this draft class is going to go down as the worst of all time. Look at that BBIQ being displayed in this start, bench, cut exercise.
Like Reply
I just want to see who's going to take a shot at Bronny James.
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 05:43 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://x.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1806094019539227095

I hope Luka is going to cook all of these rooks. This is why this draft class is going to go down as the worst of all time. Look at that BBIQ being displayed in this start, bench, cut exercise.

Flash over impact. Sums up all the issues in highschool/college basketball. We need less poster dunks and crossovers. More footwork and midrange shooting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral)
Ron Holland and Rob Dillingham are in ‘jeopardy’ of sliding in the draft tonight, per @NBADraftWass
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 05:55 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Flash over impact. Sums up all the issues in highschool/college basketball. We need less poster dunks and crossovers. More footwork and midrange shooting.

P R E A C H!!!!
Like Reply
https://x.com/oldtakesexposed/status/180...43738?s=46
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 06:09 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: https://x.com/oldtakesexposed/status/180...43738?s=46

I love the draft.

Click this tweet to remind yourself what could've been if we didn't get Luka

https://twitter.com/brauf33/status/1805965207291777349
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Chicagojk
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 06:14 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I love the draft.

Click this tweet to remind yourself what could've been if we didn't get Luka

https://twitter.com/brauf33/status/1805965207291777349

The darkest timeline
Like Reply
Now who do the Hawks get? The frenchman? Sarr?
Like Reply
Risacher is selected #1!
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 05:20 PM)F Gump Wrote: If you are wondering if the Mavs have plans to sneak into the end of round 1, with so many picks being made available, the indications are that the answer is no.

Normally such behaviour would give me serious Cuban draft vibes. Undecided

You simply should not know whether you want to draft somebody tonight or not, but I think in this case they are just being "lazy". Just work and when it´s all done after round two, you talk.
Like Reply
Paritosh Bhide (@paritosh_bhide)
They used the number 1 overall pick to replace DeAndre Hunter I'm finished
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 07:18 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Paritosh Bhide (@paritosh_bhide)
They used the number 1 overall pick to replace DeAndre Hunter I'm finished

You know Hunter´s 70/3 does not look so bad, when you consider the extension handed out to players like Barnes or Anunoby. If THJ´s expiring + few seconds can take care of their luxury tax problems, I´d be all over that.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 07:24 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: You know Hunter´s 70/3 does not look so bad, when you consider the extension handed out to players like Barnes or Anunoby. If THJ´s expiring + few seconds can take care of their luxury tax problems, I´d be all over that.

Would be really tough to keep DJJ though. 

I agree with you though, Hunter intrigues me. Although Hawk fans are kind of sick and tired of him.
Like Reply
Sarr to Wizards and Sheppard to HOU.

So far nothing crazy surprising.
Like Reply