Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 0.0 pt RAPTOR & 3.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
63.64%
7 63.64%
Sixers
36.36%
4 36.36%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 53: PHI (37-17) @ DAL (29-24) | 95-113 loss
(04-12-2021, 11:57 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: I read some article recently that the Mavs are looking for another guard next to Luka. So they realize the issue too. Plus that tells me they are on the correct path to not get Luka to fall into bad habits. Maybe they went a bit overboard this year with the 3 and D guys around Luka that they overlooked the value of a legit 2nd option ball handler. But again there are plenty of plays where Luka can cut and move too when he is off the ball.  The FO can do better. Teammmates can do better. Luka can do better too. 

The Mavs are doing the correct thing. Let us see how this team and Luka looks in a couple of years. Hopefully he is not wearing a different team uni by then.

Good post.

Maybe targeting a specific skillset isn't the best move for this front office given their recent struggles.  I appreciate that they noticed defense was a problem and wanted to improve it but what if their weren't great opportunities to do so and in that pursuit they passed up other options that could have helped the team in other areas?    Be opportunistic with the options available to you or whatnot.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 53: PHI (37-17) @ DAL (29-24) | 95-113 loss - by cow - 04-13-2021, 02:48 PM