Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why can't Melli be the other half of our PF tandem
(04-02-2021, 11:17 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: What would he make in Europe?

Interesting question. Salaries in Europe are usually quoted in net values. So when it is said someone makes three millions, this is what he gets in his pocket. Besides, teams in Europe usually pay their players accomodation, provide a car and other small stuff. Salaries in Europe are usually not publicly disclosed and I wouldn't be surprised if some reach owner pays something on the side to their top players, especially in countries like Russia or Turkey, when successful. On the other hand, players have limited protection if things go wrong. Many cases when teams were not able to pay the wages and owe millions to their players. My estimation would be, he would be paid somewhere around 1,5 mil net in Europe. Perhaps 2 mil. This would be equal to some 4 mil gross in US. But of course NBA is NBA and Euroleague is a tier below. Like Dallas needs to pay more to get same players than LA. Some players prefer to be king of the hill, though...

Still, I stay with my claim. If Mavs are to be a contender, salaries will have to go to their top players. Guys so low in the rotation are vet min imho. Either Melli or someone else.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why can't Melli be the other half of our PF tandem - by omahen - 04-02-2021, 01:18 PM