Poll: Who gets the Dirkie? (vote AFTER the game)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Luka
89.66%
26 89.66%
KP
0%
0 0%
Delon
0%
0 0%
Justin
0%
0 0%
Maxi
0%
0 0%
Jalen
0%
0 0%
Seth
0%
0 0%
DFS
0%
0 0%
Boban
10.34%
3 10.34%
THJ
0%
0 0%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAMETHREAD: MIL @ DAL, Oct 11, 7:30 pm (111-118 loss)
(10-12-2019, 05:42 AM)j0Shi Wrote: This was a vintage last season game called "Luka and the scrubs". I agree it's preseason and the team still needs time to gel, but tbh. there's little evidence as of right now that the Mavs are a better shooting or rebounding team. These are key things to potential improvement. I don't want to sound too down, I think the team will eventually figure it out and has the pieces to make a run at the playoffs. Might need a little more time than I had hoped for.

I am all for optimism, so I'm with ya. The years have probably jaded me, but until I get a glimpse of improvement in these areas they're in question.

We are watching opposing teams convert more shots from beyond the arc despite attempting far fewer. I think they can rebound better. The defensive end scares the living [  ] out of me. So at the very least, they'll have to shoot the three at a reasonable clip or it's curtains.

I don't believe this is breaking news or anything. And, believe me, I am not of the playoffs-or-bust mindset, because the West is as much of a minefield now as it's ever been. This team may not be in the top eight on its best day, but  that's tough to know at this time. My hope is the club develop an actual identity that is something more than "fun to watch" and not much else. Plenty of not-so-good teams fit that mold.

We should be beyond that now, but how it plays out is anyone's guess.
MFFL est. 1980
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAMETHREAD: MIL @ DAL, Oct 11, 7:30 pm - by scottsp - 10-13-2019, 12:56 PM