Poll: What is your initial desire (as it is today) for the future of DB.com boards?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Work with the Maven site and what they offer.
2.70%
1 2.70%
Have Fish redirect to this site from his main page.
43.24%
16 43.24%
Have a completely independent relationship from Fish.
45.95%
17 45.95%
Something outside the box.... (share in your post)
8.11%
3 8.11%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What should be the future of DB.com boards?
I have a few concerns regarding how this is unraveling and is pretty concerned about the state of this community as a whole. Here's a few things i think are probably not mentioned much:

1. The situation right now is that the forum regulars (which generally hang out here and back in db.com) dont find the new site reasonable to use. Hence sticking to here.
2. Issue is the reverse for general fanbase. This forum is good, but there is literally close no to accessibility and marketability for this forum, and over time this means that it'll end up being a private forum that will slowly grow more deserted over the years. The draw factor of db.com in comparison to say mavs reddit for me isnt simply the simplicity or the forum layout. It's the fact that writers like Dlord or Trigg turn up every now and then to post on the forum. Divorcing the forum from the staff means cutting off this line of contact with general fanbase, which is something i dont want to see happening.
3. My personal preference, as with most people, would obviously be to have this literally pasted over into the new maven site, but that's found to be totally unrealistic. So what's the next best alternative? Even redirecting seems to be not an option for fish and crew at this point, so we're looking at either independence or any other alternative.
4. My suggestion would be to look for a site with writers and articles which also needs viewership, and most of all, an active community. This is something which is actually going to generate revenue, and is something which sites want. Thing is, it must be on our terms, i.e. forum layout, and it must be mavs focused. 
5. Then i realized. Mavs.com does not have a forum. It has had a comment section with Facebook on its articles for years. And the activity rate isnt high. But from the looks of it, it has been expanding, especially when it comes to the number of writers, and we are pretty familiar with a lot of them, so why try and set up a link with the Mavs itself to literally move this whole forum over to the mavs main site. We get our forum, the Mavs get an active community that can spur interest and discussion on their main site itself. 

TL;DR: Why not reach out to the Mavs main site itself to see whether they are interested in setting up a forum, and the whole lot of us just move base there?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should be the future of DB.com boards? - by Xeroze - 09-22-2019, 07:32 AM