Poll: What is your initial desire (as it is today) for the future of DB.com boards?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Work with the Maven site and what they offer.
2.70%
1 2.70%
Have Fish redirect to this site from his main page.
43.24%
16 43.24%
Have a completely independent relationship from Fish.
45.95%
17 45.95%
Something outside the box.... (share in your post)
8.11%
3 8.11%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What should be the future of DB.com boards?
The Maven seems to be a shady company if you do some research Just my two cents here, The Maven seems to be a somewhat shady company (they bought the SI brand 3 months ago) and before you know it they will turn around and sell the SI brand to somebody else who shutters the website just like what has happened with scout and 24/7 sports and fox sports next and all these other fledgling brands, and then once again it will be poof, bye bye community. I don't trust them. How many times do we have to go down this road jumping from company to company that eventually shutters and further splinters the community, this has been the failing model for the past 9 years, mavs fans who just want to talk about basketball need some stability in the form of an independent message board that is not connected to these organizations or one individual's personal financial success. 

We can have the community select a couple fair and willing mods, it's not too busy yet so we probably don't need all that many, maybe expand as it becomes necessary, and then maybe write a basic FAQ with some simple common sense forum rules. Oh and we have to put our heads together and come up with a forum name and URL. Other than that we just kick back and talk about mavs basketball like always and let the good times roll. We can't rely on Magickian to do all this himself as he has a busy life, it has to be community driven 

I dunno, just an idea, not sure how everybody else is feeling. Maybe it's already too late.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should be the future of DB.com boards? - by robillionaire - 09-19-2019, 07:56 AM