Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expectations for the 2020/2021 season
So the Mavs are mostly done(or are they? Wink  ) with this offseason and I'm interested in what you think about the 2020/2021 season? Where do you see the Mavs in the western conference(what's the floor and what's the ceiling for this team)? Which Mavs player do you think is going to suprise us(positive or negative). How do you like the team and so on....

Let's get this going! 
I fully expect the Mavs to be in the playoffs, I even think they can finish in the top4 in west. Lakers and Clippers are the only 2 teams I think are better than the Mavs. Is see Dallas in the same tier as Denver, Portland(I've got a feeling that Dame is going to play on an MVP level), Phoenix and Utah with GSW behind. Even with KP missing the start of the season, I still think that this team is deep and versatile enough to compete with everybody(At least in the Regular season).

When it comes to the TEAM, I realy like the roster. As I've already written, I think that the team is (much) deeper and much more versatile that last years team. I loved what they did on Draft night(drafting Green, Terry and Bey, and the Richardson trade), as for freeagency I expected something bigger(Gallo, Bogdan,...), but at the end almost everybody overpaid(Grant is good but not worth 20 mil per, Gallo the same, Bertans, Hayward( Big Grin Big Grin ) and so on.). I like the fact that Burke and WCS are back(I just think that WCS is more of a fit for the Mavs than Baynes or Gasol, Rick and Luka both love their rim running vertical spacers). I also think that Iwundu is going to be what we wanted Jackson to be(If he is not waived for JJB).

Now the depth chart for me would be:
PG         Luka, Brunson
PG/SG    Burke, Terry
SG
SG/SF    Richardson, THJ, Green
SF         Iwundu
SF/PF    DFS
PF         Johnson
PF/C      Maxi, Powell
C           KP, WCS, Bobi

At the start of the season, till KP comes back, I think our starting 5 will look like this: Luka, THJ, Richardson(and a combination of DFS, Maxi & WCS). Once KP comes back it's Luka, THJ, Richardson,(DFS or Maxi) and KP. That a realy nice starting 5. 

Now let's talk about the PLAYERS.

1. Luka Dončić - I think there aren't many things to say here. I think we can expect great things from Luka. This team is tailor made for him(I love the fact that we'll be able to see a kind of 4 wings(all of can shoot)+KP lineups. Those will be hard to defend and also they'll be able do defend). He has shown some good defense in the bubbleand if he continues that, I think he'll be at least an average defender. And one of the 5 best offensive players in the league. I've seen a video where it was said, that he and LeBron were tied 1st for AST% last year, he could end up as the AST leader.
  2. Kristaps Porzingis - I am high on KP(even with all of his injury concerns).I'm optimistic about his health and think he'll be able to stay relatively healthy(at least till his 30). I expect him to have a slower start, but after 10-15 games I see him being back in his bubble form. I see him averaging around 23PTS, 10REB, 2+BLK 
  3. Josh Richardson - I remember watching him play in Miami(I watched a lot of Heat games, becouse of Goran) and he we realy great there. I think that his time in Phily is more of an outlier season. That team realy underachived and didn't fit well. I expect him to be more of his Miami self. One thing he didn't have in Philly is space, and he'll have plenty of that in Dallas. He'll realy shine in Dallas. He's our 3rd best player IMO, and he makes our defense better.
  4. Tim Hardaway Jr -  I've got a great feeling when it comes to THJ. I see him as a great shooter next year(40+ 3P% on a high volume(7+ 3PA). I remeber when there were reports that he made just a minor fix on his shot and that realy helped him. After the struggles at the begining of 2019/2020 season, he steped up. Now that Richardson is here, his role drops a spot, but I think he'll benefit greatly from that. I am high on him when it comes to next season.
  5. And then we have DFS, Maxi, Burke, Brunson, who will all be an important part of the rotation.
I hope Green and Terry get their minutes, I'm high on both of them and see them as a part of our future(both in the rotation).

LET'S GO MAVS! Heart
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Expectations for the 2020/2021 season - by juanc - 11-23-2020, 01:19 PM