Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NEWS: China upset w/ NBA...NBA will lose $400 million
fif..Your post echoes my own sentiments from my previous post. 

Let's be honest. All of us knew from the beginning that there was some level of hypocrisy involved with not wanting to upset the wealth they make off the shoe market.  Part of that hypocrisy is not just about increasing their wealth to the last possible dollar, but the freedom which that sneaker deal gives them. It's those shoe deals that have allowed the players to gain the upper hand over the owners in that the players know they have a significant if not even more money coming via those deals.  So I can perfectly understand their dilemma. 

However, where they lose me is when they ask Silver as to what sanctions can be levied against Morey or when Bron says Morey was uneducated. As minorities they have to know more than anyone else how much freedom of expression means.  Also, their league supported them in that. Yet they want to throw Morey to the wolves? That is disgraceful behavior.

All of us are hypocrites to a certain extent. However, in this case, Morey was just asking supporting freedom and most players in the NBA are minorities, who also have got a lot of publicity for speaking out about equal rights and justice.  Even if they felt they couldn't openly support him to protect their $ interests, they should be the last ones throwing him under the bus and asking for his head. I know that much about myself. I might be a hypocrite but I wouldn't stoop so low.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: China upset w/ NBA...teams planning for 20-21 salary cap to drop up to 15% - by hakeemfan - 10-15-2019, 11:59 AM