Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NEWS: China upset w/ NBA...NBA will lose $400 million
Thanks fif.

I owe Bama and some others on this thread an apology.  Not because I agree with everything that they've said, but the actions today from the NBA players have shown their total hypocrisy.

I was fine with the players paying more attention to domestic issues while not necessarily having a comment on international issues, since the US govt itself hasn't said much about these things, and politics has always been about hypocrisy and self interest.

However, today I first read of how the players were upset at Silver for not taking stronger sanctions against Morey.  Then Bron comes out with a message that was sheer nonsense.    

I didn't understand what Morey's end game with the tweet was, especially if he didn't have the spine to stand by it. However, how on earth do the players ask for sanctions against him? Did the NBA sanction the players for protesting what they believed was wrong? If anything, they should have been supportive of Morey's right to express his thoughts. Then Bron today with his rubbish about how Morey was misinformed.  

The bottom line is the players today by their actions and words are showing that it's all about the sneakers market for them with China. It has nothing to do with not knowing what's going on there or staying silent on international matters because politics is a filthy swamp anyway.  Today they showed that they too can become the oppressor who tries to talk down someone else if money is at stake, and money is all that really matters.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: China upset w/ NBA...teams planning for 20-21 salary cap to drop up to 15% - by hakeemfan - 10-14-2019, 10:30 PM