Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NEWS: China upset w/ NBA...NBA will lose $400 million
(10-13-2019, 02:15 PM)TXBamanut Wrote:
(10-12-2019, 09:34 PM)hakeemfan Wrote:
(10-12-2019, 08:38 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: Kerr ABSOLUTELY did compare those and he knew what he was doing.  When asked if he'd been asked about China's human rights atrocities, he deflected and said he'd neither been asked about America's atrocities and brought up AR-15s and people shooting up shopping malls.

THAT IS ABSOLUTELY a comparison and he made it...don't deflect for that moron.

If you can compare 1,000,000 Uyghur people...ONE MILLION PEOPLE...in concentration camps and people put in indefinite imprisonment or just outright shot for horrible crimes like praying BY THE GOVERNMENT to some crazy shooting up a shopping mall, then you are a complete moron and you should never speak on political issues again. 

I have FRIENDS who are missionaries in China who have had to flee from the area, in the last year or so, where they were working with the Uyghur people.  They would talk about getting calls in the middle of the night and someone's dad was just drug out of his home in front of his kids, with his wife getting beaten by Government troops, with no charges...and that's normal. 

Let me tell you too...those people would kill for the accommodations that people are up in arms about at our border.  

The stories of what they are doing to the church in that country is pathetic.  My wife taught ESL in China at a university for a summer and it's ridiculous.  When I would call her, they'd listen in on the phone calls and open our mail.  There was a list of words that I couldn't say or she'd be in trouble.  

While I FULLY believe that we have a greater responsibility to speak up about our country, because we are citizens of this country.  Still, to clap back with a citizen shooting up a shopping mall and hold that card up next to the atrocities that are sanctioned and completely by the Chinese government...geesh, you should have your public talking privileges revoked indefinitely.

EOS.

Asking again...if they are so bad, why has our government not cut all ties with them?  Why is the US govt not speaking against all of the above atrocities? Why has the govt not come out and spoken up about what's going on in HK? Yet we want Steve Kerr to?

It's obvious.  There's a balance from a superpower standpoint of objection, and maintaining a relationship with them in the hopes of affecting change.  It's selfish for a government to cut all ties completely like that in my opinion, because you sacrifice any influence with that government, leaving those people hanging out to dry.

It's also a far cry from going "well I can't speak about that  because" of an issue that isn't even in the league of or attributable to the government you routinely criticize.

A major government going scorched Earth on a horrible practice of another government is LIGHT years from a guy refusing to even SPEAK TO an issue, but instead choosing to equate American struggles with the attrocities that are real in China, because he's trying to make nice for the NBA.

Btw, we have had SEVERAL leaders speak up against the atrocities in China and other countries.

I know you guys hate Trump and are looking for a way to love Kerr in the process, but he's just flat wrong and going "wu, wu, wu if they are so bad why hasn't the government..." is trying to desperately create some false dichotomy to justify and draw attention from the bad actions of a guy you like.... And you don't even remotely deal with the actual issue.

For his next diatribe, Kerr will say something along the lines of "Hey, layoff Boko Haram because we don't even have free college tuition here."

EDIT:,. Also, like Kamm said,  the government is stuck up China's butt because we owe them money... But the NBA doesn't owe them, they are simply making more money.

I think if you boycott North Carolina because they don't open up bathrooms, but China is where you want to be, you are so hypocritical that you probably can't be trusted for much.  You're like a crack addict, but with money.

On a side note, it boggles my mind that while I'm telling you of friends that I have and experiences that I and my wife have had with China, and you are going well "if"...I know you don't know me from Adam's housecat, but good grief, you must love you some Kerr really hard.

Huh..The US government hasn't spoken up either, if  just 'speaking up' is not a big deal.

No one is doubting your friends' experience.  If the point that on international matters, while a private organization can certainly speak out, it's more on the US government first and foremost to have an opinion or take action, goes right over your head and you look at that as love for Steve Kerr, then you must love some illogical conclusions really hard.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: China upset w/ NBA...teams planning for 20-21 salary cap to drop up to 15% - by hakeemfan - 10-13-2019, 04:41 PM