Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting Lineup: Actual vs Proposed
Haven't seen this topic spoken about extensively or directly too much. 

We know we have Luka and Porzingis starting obviously. Then we have heard reports that Powell will be next to KP as the 4/5 combo. So that gives us Luka/Porz/Powell as for sure starters most of the time(besides the days of rest for KP, which I will get to soon)I am thinking it has to be Delon in there due to the new contract and recent words said. 

The final roster spot is sort of ambiguous and maybe they are still figuring that out in training camp. 

• It could be Seth Curry as he also signed a similar contract as Delon did, but many would argue he will make a great 6th man. 
  • It could be THJ as they need to raise his trade stock for a potential move, and/or his contract is so high, the front office/Carlisle seems to like to play the big money guys. 
  • It could be Brunson... maybe that means Delon doesn't start, which I find to be highly unlikely but maybe Brunson really takes the next step and forces a decision. Granted I think this is highly unlikely as he seems to be groomed for JJB's old bkup pg spot. 
  • Could it be DFS? He provides some defense and versatility... I guess the same argument could be for Justin Jackson here... I guess it is a similar choice and motivations, just matters which plays better, and who you (the Coach) likes best.
  • Could it be Lee? unlikely but maybe he blows away the chemistry. Maxi? Unlikely with KP/Powell starting... but who knows... could be a weird lineup
Then we have the alternate starting lineup for the days that Porzingis gets rest... what does that Starting Lineup look like? Here is my theory they go with:

Starting Lineup:

Delon
THJ
Luka
KP
Powell

Bkup:

Brunson/JJB
Curry/Lee
DFS/Jackson/Roby
Maxi
Boban

Here is what I want them to do:

Starting Lineup:

Delon
Luka
Jackson
KP
Powell

This leaves THJ on the bench for more offensive firepower on the bench. The bench should remain a hot offensive spot, to help give rest to the starting lineup. Jackson I think gives a better balance to the roster. 

Have Curry and THJ essentially be the sixth man role(just double them down) then fill out Center and Guard minutes between the platoon of the rest. 

Ideally we move Lee and THJ soon for ONE Wing player... but who knows...
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Starting Lineup: Actual vs Proposed - by Magickian - 10-03-2019, 02:06 PM
RE: Starting Lineup: Actual vs Proposed - by Jym - 10-03-2019, 02:34 PM