Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 149, Rockets 153
(08-01-2020, 09:26 AM)hakeemfan Wrote: The team is young.  At the same time, I would like every possession in the last 5 mins to be a designed two man play with Kp and Luka. Everyone else’s shots should feed off that. Having that plan in mind makes it simpler also.  If we lose due to that strategy, I am fine with it. Right now the last 5 mins always seems haphazard.
Agreed, especially KP, who MUST get the ball in his hands.  He is a foul magnet and is pretty reliable in making his FTs.  If we make just one more of our FTs in regulation, we win this game.

Edit:  Also, why not play Boban on the late possessions in both regulation and overtime?  The Mavs were ineffective at that point against Houston's defense so why not change the paradigm?  There's no way the Rockets' small ball roster should have been able to keep the Mavs from getting the ball to Boban on the block.  Lots of good things can happen from that point, all of them much better than Luka dribbling out the shot clock on the perimeter.  And Boban also tends to draw fouls and shoots his FTs decently as well.  I just don't get RC at all, never have. 

I'd be tempted to say I'm glad the Mavs lost this game so that RC and the team would learn their lesson, but they've already lost so many of these games that it starts to look like they either don't care that much about losing these games, or that they are incapable of learning from them.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 149, Rockets 153 - by mtrot - 08-01-2020, 01:32 PM