Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 121, Rockets 128
(02-01-2020, 05:05 AM)omahen Wrote: This was biggest mistery to me. WB is literally the only guy on the Rockets that doesn't shoot three or you would actually be happay, if he would do it. He is also the only one that can and does post up smaller guys. Mavs chose to guard him with Seth, Brunson, Wright and THJ, so he absolutely feasted. As I ranted in the game thread - put the freaking center on him and just wait for him near the paint!!! I think he missed or get a block 90 % of time when center was switched on him. Includind all those mid range jumpers he decided to take when defense gave him more space. If I remember correctly, Mavs were making a run when Maxi was on him and he was just doing mistake after mistake.
The guy was just a monster in the paint. He has a lot of size and strength for a guard, and he just barreled over our smaller players. However, he also just blew by other defenders, including KP, and enjoyed free rein at the rim. Other times, he kicked out to Houston's sharpshooters. Just beat them every way from Sunday. Agree that Maxi did the best job on him, along with WCS, who would have likely fouled out if he had had more time.

I like your points. Although, with Westbrook and Harden both performing at max levels and the shooters on fire, I question whether the Mavs had the firepower to beat them, no matter who played. Not to say that adjustments wouldn't have been in order, regardless.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 121, Rockets 128 - by mavsluvr - 02-01-2020, 01:15 PM