Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts Mavs 107, Clippers 110
(01-22-2020, 02:06 PM)Reunion Mav Wrote: Spot on analysis mavsluvr! I too have been reading the Powell and trade deadline stuff but I really appreciate what you do. I agree with the things we have to improve on and watching the game go so badly at times, I marveled at how we kept giving ourselves a chance.....but did not quite succeed with our chances. 

Special Kudos for Delon Wright giving us a GREAT chance by getting that late steal on the inbounds pass.
Thanks, RM! Yes, that was a fantastic play!

(01-23-2020, 06:55 AM)Dahlsim Wrote: Yeah, I'm not holding my breath for any big change in the way Bobi is used, just musing here in your thread ML. 
Rick Carlisle has a system, he has a ring, and he's likely going to be pretty set in his ways. Heck, he's already said post up is basically a dead offensive play so its almost comical now that he has an elite post up player on the bench dying to play while he's also now down a key starter. If only Bobi could survive the PnR better, maybe coach would consider a post up resurrection.   
I get Rick's stand on this. He is trying to get guys open shots, rather than contested ones. Bobi is a natural for post-up play, so if a post-up is the best shot they can get in any given possession, Bobi would be a good one to take it.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts Mavs 107, Clippers 110 - by mavsluvr - 01-23-2020, 12:29 PM