Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 8.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
66.67%
6 66.67%
Warriors
33.33%
3 33.33%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 40: DAL (25-15) @ GSW (9-33) | 124-97 win
(01-15-2020, 06:14 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I did but I think the assists numbers are actually proving the point that the team can be succesful without Luka dominating the ball. I certainly want our best player to handle the ball but again I don´t want him to be James Harden. Yesterday wasn´t the sweet spot and Luka probably should get a little bit more onball time but it was an improvement over some of the Luka hero ball games we saw in the last few weeks.
It probably isn´t easy to balance Lukas role vs increased usage for other ballhandlers (Wright, Brunson, Curry) and it seems like RC is trying some new things again.
What I would like to see and others have mentioned it as well is more Luka postups. Especially in the 4th quarter. What I haven´t seen at all is Luka as the ball screener. Wonder why they haven´t tried it.

In general I think that Luka desperately needs the allstar break. He isn´t in top shape right now and it shows. A combination of him being banged up and fatigued. But also mental exhaustion. All players go through hot and cold streaks but some tendencies are obvious. Declining FT percentages and 2-point FG%.

Good stuff!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 40: DAL (25-15) @ GSW (9-33) | 124-97 win - by fifteenth - 01-15-2020, 06:34 PM